Chapter 107

I ended up deciding to make Asgard my permanent home, for now anyway. It wasn't really that hard of a decision, I had Loki back and he was the most important person in my life. I took precautions, telling Heimdall to inform me of any significant changes in the lives of the Avengers; a death, a new member, anything that would warrant me going back. I already planned to make monthly visits, to make it seem like I was healing slowly.

My first visit back to Earth lasted three days and was two weeks after I forgave Loki. He really hadn't wanted to see me go but I assured him that one: I had to and two: that I would come back soon enough. I was greeted with a welcome home party that came to a screeching halt when I told them how good being in Asgard was for me. None of them were thrilled about my choice, but they respected it. Or, at least they didn't say anything about it to my face. My being away was actually beneficial for the twins because before I left, they'd only really hung out with me but without me, they were forced to expand their group of friends. Steve became almost a brother to Wanda, much like how he had been for me, and Pietro had become immensely popular among the Barton family. They weren't just sitting idle though. Rumlow, or Crossbones as he called himself now, had risen out of the ashes of HYDRA and had begun to cause trouble. Nothing major yet, but Steve, the unofficial leader of the Avengers, wanted to apprehend him before he made global news.

The first time Heimdall called me down to the Bifrost wasn't long after I returned from my visit. Some new powered individual had stood out from the crowd. He was a criminal, but Heimdall assured me that he meant well. He went by the name "Ant Man" and possessed some sort of shrinking technology. He had recently invaded the Avengers facility and stolen some piece of old, unimportant tech for a battle against a corporation seeking to militarize shrinking tech. However, it was not enough to warrant a special visit from me.

Thor had been keeping to the historical section of the library ever since we got back, pouring over old texts and myths. It was unclear to me what he was looking for but whatever it was, he seemed to think that it would take him a long time to find.

Autumn in Asgard was really something to behold. All of the leaves turned colors so vibrant I almost believed that they would glow in the dark. Fall was normally dry, and not overly hot, but every now and then there was a thunderstorm. During those storms, Loki and I would stand outside on our balcony in the cold, falling water. He was never concerned for himself, but always for me. He was afraid that I would get sick, but I assured him that my faster metabolism would prevent that.

I slowly told Loki what had happened to me in Sokovia, and displayed my abilities to him. Needless to say, he was more than astounded and disgusted by my treatment and was especially upset about my hair length.  It was almost exactly as long as his was, although the minerals in the Asgardian hair products were changing that bit by bit. When I had first arrived, it had been a bit shorter than his, now it was about the same.

I didn't exactly approve of Loki charading as Odin, but I wasn't going to press the matter. Asgard was prospering under his rule and there were quite a few benefits that came with being at the top of the command chain and one of them is that after a time, nobody dares to question you. This gave Loki the freedom to take a few days of personal time every few months. He used this time to take me back to the house, where we revisited all of our favorite places. Those being the skating rink and Da Domenico. The owner was always happy to see us and didn't ask too many questions either. Anton didn't know Loki was still alive, he just took his few days off to go somewhere for the weekend and only dealt directly with me. I told him when we were coming and when we were leaving.

Asgard got very, very mild winters. Like, not even any snow. According to Loki, this was normal, although he'd had a couple winters where there was snow on the ground for a week during the middle of the season, but we hadn't gotten any by mid December. I planned to spend the holidays with the team, but I still wanted to do something with Loki, so I dragged him to the house in the third week of December and we had a little Christmas with just the two of us. Neither of us got the other presents, there wasn't really anything I wanted other than to be with him, but it was nice to sit under the fake tree that had been put up and listen to soft music.