Chapter 146

Loki was taking off before I even had a chance to sit down, his piloting abilities far more toned that Bruce's, and his methods swift and accurate. I stumbled a bit when the ship jerked into forward motion and maintained breakneck speed.

"This is madness."

"What?" I climbed into the copilot's seat, "What is?" Loki bit his lip.

"How attached are you to your wardrobe?"

"Well, all of Dreyma's clothes are there, and so are a lot of mine, many of which you gave me."

"Yes or no." He sounded surprisingly angry.

"Yes!" He ground his teeth, "Why?" He landed on our balcony.

"You have ten seconds." I'd never been so thankful for my enhanced speed as it allowed me to zoom about the room grabbing every single essential I could get my hands on. Even as I counted to ten in my mind, Loki was starting to leave before I got there, forcing me to fly to get back on board with all of Dreyma's supplies, and a few outfits of both mine and his that I absolutely couldn't live without. The green maxi dress was one of them.

"Loki, what the hell is going on!?" He'd better not be angry at me for not retreating meekly to the ship, or or following him here. It had been such a close call on Sakaar, and I still wasn't over seeing him fall from the Bifrost. His actions recently had been so sacrificial when it came to us, especially Dreyma, that I wasn't sure he knew just how much I needed him to help me bring her up, how much I wanted her to have a father figure that I never had.

Loki landed in one of the lower courtyards and ran into the palace, leaving the engine on. I followed him, and while he gave a glance that said he didn't approve, he didn't try to stop me. Loki went straight to the weapons vault–at least, I assumed that's what it was–and he didn't even slow until he reached the ground, grabbed the skull that Thor had come back with during the play.

"Loki!" He slowed, and started to turn, but he wasn't looking at me. He was looking at the Tesseract.

"Grab that, we're going to need it." I didn't hesitate to obey.

"Loki, what's going–" He threw the skull onto a cauldron of fire.

"With the Eternal Flame, you are reborn." As soon as he said those words, the skull began to tremble and he ran back towards us.

"Come here, now!" He closed more than half the distance, wrapping one arm around me, resting his hand on Dreyma. Then, he grabbed the Tesseract from me and suddenly I was folding in on myself and the world went dark, but not because I passed out. The blinding light inside the ship scorched my eyes, but not enough to keep me from seeing Loki send the Tesseract into a dimensional pocket. Loki raced to the cockpit and there was a deafening explosion and a massive blast of heat that I could only compare to Muspelheim. The ship took off like a rocket, and when I looked back, I could see that the palace had exploded, due to the massive humanoid of fire that had grown from within. On its head was the skull Loki had thrown in the fire.

"Loki, what have you done?!" He took us a distance away from Asgard, to the point where the bridge was just a colorful strip against the water. I could see the massive ship Loki had arrived in slowly pulling away from the bridge.

The creature was still growing, but already it was using a massive sword to lay waste to the city. My legs gave out and I collapsed into the copilot's chair.

"What have you done?" Asgard had very much become a home for me, and now so many of the places that held precious memories for me with Loki, and with Dreyma, were gone. The bedroom I'd been frantically running around in, where I'd given myself over to Loki completely for the first time, where he'd cared for me after my coma, where Dreyma had spent her first six months of life, was gone.