Chapter 127

These are a pair of lovely drawings that   @Inej-Ghafa_6 made of Mira and Loki!

The others departed an hour later, just like they'd said. The farewell was hard to say to T'Challa, but other than that, those we were closest with were remaining. Having the others around made the next months go by and it certainly made everything easier for Loki and I. Anton had a little extra work with the groceries, but given that Tony had helped him get into one of the most prestigious engineering programs in the country, he was more than happy to do it.

Ever since the baby had started moving, Loki had grown even more possessive of me, and the bigger I got, the less he would stray from me. He didn't like it when I was alone with the other guys, but didn't seem to mind when at least one other female was present. Something to do with another male stealing his mate. I didn't feel quite the same way he did though. The only things that really bugged me beyond the physical were when someone other than Loki or myself touched my belly or when they came near the den. They'd figured out my rules pretty quickly though.

April first and I was beyond pregnant. Fourteen months, give or take, and we were expecting the baby any day now. Eir had moved here about a week ago in anticipation of the difficult labor. My bump was so large now that I couldn't even get out of bed without serious help from Loki. My back was constantly throbbing and I couldn't have my wings inside my body without major discomfort either. I couldn't see my feet, hadn't been able to since Christmas, and part of me told me that was a good thing, that I didn't actually want to see how big they were, but the rest of me just felt like an overstuffed blimp.

Right now, I was sitting in one of the large gray chairs in the basement kitchen, my wings bent almost uncomfortably so they wouldn't be crushed. Going up the stairs was such a challenge now that I just couldn't go up more than a floor without help from two of the men, as well as a rest in between floors, so I didn't do them if I could absolutely avoid it. Nat was making me some oatmeal and Loki was standing behind me, massaging my shoulders.

"Did you sleep any better tonight, Mira?" The baby had been moving constantly, and it wasn't just little cute movements either–blows to my organs and elsewhere that startled me awake. Loki had tried to use his sedir to try and calm the baby, but Eir banned it as soon as I told her he was doing it.

"No. And to top it all of, I nearly wet the bed. Very well-timed kick to the bladder." In fact, I was feeling the urge to go now.

"Loki."

"Yep. Ok." He came around and held out his hands. As we walked, Loki placed a hand on my back using just a tad of his Jotun powers to try and help with the pain.

The oatmeal was ready when we got back to the kitchen, and as soon as I got ahold of it, I put in brown sugar, some blueberries, almonds, and nutella.

"Can you make me a bagel too please?"

"Of course." Using my wings and free hand as balance, I made my way back to the chair and sat down as smoothly as possible, balancing the bowl on my belly.