Chapter 19

Odin paused. I held my breath, my heart pounding hard and fast and my stomach twisting painfully.

"Wait! I have another charge to add to the list! Loki was disloyal to me!"

"That is irrelevant, Sigyn, you were as disloyal to him as he was to you. Even more so! My spies have been following you ever since Loki fell and not only did you offer yourself to my eldest, but you also practically sold yourself to anyone willing to bed you! Being the mate of an angel gives Loki the right to end all relations with you, criminal or not and my wife has informed me that he has already seen fit to do that and banish you from the palace grounds."

"I am allowed here with the rest of the public during a trial."

"But that does not give you the right to speak up. Guards, escort her out." Three of them came forward and grabbed her. Sigyn screamed and tried to pull away but she was not strong enough. The guards dragged her from the stands and out of sight kicking and screaming.

"Now, as I was saying, Loki Laufeyson has been found guilty of all previously mentioned charges and is protected from both death and imprisonment for life by the Angel Mira. Therefore, his punishment will be one month in a cell of isolation." I let out a sigh of relief but Frigga and Thor but tensed up.

"The sentence will begin tomorrow morning at dawn. Until then, Loki remains a prince of Asgard with all of the authority and respect that comes with it. Those privileges will resume exactly thirty days from tomorrow." Loki looked shocked and I detected a flicker of fear behind his eyes. As soon as the guards unlocked the shackles and removed the collar, I flew to him, not patient enough to wait for the rest of the people in the stand to clear out. Loki's hands were free so he embraced me, tangling one hand in my hair and clutching me close with the other. Although my eyes were closed, I still saw the change of surroundings. We went from being in an open, bright, loud room to being in a smaller, darker, quiet one. I couldn't wrap my legs around his waist but my feet couldn't touch the ground either so I was forced to continue flapping my wings. Unfortunately, Loki hadn't been expecting this so he fell backwards onto the bed.

"I'm so sorry! Are you ok?"

"I am fine, my love."

"Why did Frigga and Thor seem so upset by your punishment?" Loki froze and pulled away, forcing me to look him in the eye.

"Isolation is worse than death and a life in prison."

"But I thought it was prison."

"No. It's worse, much, much worse. I would rather go and live on the streets."

"Why?"

"A muzzle will be put on and not taken off until the month is over, the cell I'm going to be put in is a tiny, barren room with no furniture, windows, and no lights."

"Then how will you know how much time has passed?"

"There is a spell placed on the room, whenever the sun is up, I will see light but there is no source."

"Wait, so the muzzle doesn't come off at all?"

"That's right."

"Then how will you eat?"

"I won't. At least, not in the usual manner." Loki scrunched up his face and grimaced.

"You'll have to be more specific than that."

"You don't want me to be. All I will tell you is that is will all be liquid."

"If you don't tell me right now, I'm getting Frigga or Thor to tell me."