Chapter 5

The sudden movement made the pain come back.  This time, with nothing to grab, I fell to the ground.  Loki was by my side in seconds.

"What the hell was that arrow made of!?" I moaned.  Loki picked me up and put me back in the bed.  I had a massive headache and my stomach was empty.

"Forgive me Kitten, I did not know it would hurt you so."

"Stop calling me that."

"What?"

"Kitten.  I have a name."

"Very well Kitten."  I rolled my eyes.  We sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes and my stomach decided to growl.  Loudly.

"When was the last time you ate Mira?" The playfulness was gone from his tone.

"I don't know.  I think the last thing I ate was a brownie on my flight like two days ago.  Plane food is gross."

"Remind me never to travel by plane then.  I shall try and find you something." He helped me sit up in the bed, propping me up against the surplus pillows.

"Could you get me some headache medicine too?"

"What's that?" I groaned.

"I'll get it myself then." I threw the covers off but Loki sat down, putting an arm on either side of me, effectively trapping me.

"Let me see what I can do." I felt something tugging on my mind and I recoiled, "Relax Kitten.  It's just me."

"How are you doing that?"

"I'm a Master of Magic.  Just relax love."  I felt the prodding again but this time I let him in.

"That's it.  Now think about what you want me to get."  I did my best to picture I bottle of Advil in my head. "I see.  Now wait here, I shall tend to your needs."

"No, wait!" But he had gone.  I had gotten a brief view of the hall as he left.  It was empty, "Jarvis, how many people are there in the building?"

"None aside from Loki and yourself." His answer confirmed my suspicion but I was too weak to get up.

"Let me know if Loki has any trouble getting my food."

"He is currently removing all of the fruit he can find from the refrigerator.  Along with the leftover chicken from the other night."

"Is the chicken still good?"

"Yes."

"How much of it is there?"

"More than you need."

"Can you tell him to put half of it back and get the mayonnaise?"

"Of course." After a moment, he said, "You may need to go out and tell him yourself, it seems he does not want to listen to a disembodied voice."

"Alright." I threw the covers off just as Loki stormed back in.

"Who was that?!" He demanded.

"I am Jarvis."

"He's basically a talking machine."

"How come you did not notify me of it!?"

"I thought you'd turned him off.  He scared you, didn't he?"  Loki glared at me.  If looks could kill, I would not only be dead but I would be extremely dead.  He stormed out.

Loki came back five minutes later with a steaming plate of chicken–goodness knows how he used the microwave without burning the Tower down–a bottle of mayonnaise, a large glass of ice water, and a bottle of pills.