Chapter 30

Ok guys, I'm updating early for a REASON. I have recently discovered the Marvel Fanfiction Awards on the official Marvel fanpage, , and I would like to nominate some of you guys for awards! (obviously some because there are too many of you and only five categories, lol) So I need a good way to decide. Whoever is the first to vote will get nominated and I'll let you if I nominate you. Good luck to you all and without further ado, le chapitre:

Mira's POV

I woke up to searing pain all over, especially in my arm. Loki was already up and was moving my right arm around as much as possible without moving the rest of my body, causing constant bouts of severe pain.

"Ahhh!" I tried to pull my arm away but that only made it worse.

"Mira, you're not going to be able to avoid this forever. The pain will fade within the next few days and Eir is much less gentle about it.

"But do you have to wake me up to it?!"

"Well, I did get about five minutes of movement in before you realized what was happening." I whimpered and tried to pull away again. This time, he let go but the force I had pulled with sent my arm crashing into the rest of my body, giving me more pain than I had felt yet, forcing a cry from me. When the pain didn't go away, tears came to my eyes and began streaming down my face. When would this torture end?

"Shhh, Kitten. Don't cry. Come here." I pushed him away and flopped down on the bed with my back to him. I couldn't let him see me like this.

"Mira." I tried to resist when he sat down, picked me up, and set me sideways on his lap but I just couldn't. The pain was spreading from my arm into the rest of my body.

"Loki. Make it stop."

"I wish I could, Mira. I really do. But there's nothing I can do about it." That brought on another fit of sobs. "Come on, let's get you in the bath." Loki picked me up and carried me into the bathroom, turning on the tap with magic and placing me in the filling tub. Then, he picked up a sponge and a bottle of flower-scented liquid and held them out to me.

"Do you want to wash yourself our would you like me to do it for you?" By now, the pain had spread to my good arm.

"You. Have my wings been out the whole time?"

"They have been but I've been taking care of them."

"Thank you." I pushed his hand away. Loki got the message and began washing my body. It wasn't sensual, and it wasn't meant to be. It was him taking care of me while I was incapable of doing so and that was it. Neither of us bothered trying to make small talk, we just chose to enjoy the intimate moment between the two of us and no one else.

I broke down again when he moved to my hair and wings. He was so gentle with me. So understanding of my pain when I didn't deserve it. I knew I could have died. He should be yelling at me, shouting about how irresponsible I was. But he wasn't. He made sure I would stay fit, he was taking care of me in my pain, and best of all: he wasn't judging me for any of it. When I began crying, Loki stopped and took me into his arms, wordlessly rocking me back and forth until the tears had subsided before starting again. When he finished, he helped me into the green maxi dress that he had given me so long ago.

While we had been in the bathroom, someone had come and made the bed, giving it a nice clean, fresh look. The two dozen pillows had been fluffed, the sheets were once more tucked beneath the mattress, and the green duvet had not a wrinkle or crease in it. Loki set me down in the middle and pressed a kiss into my wet hair.