Chapter 99

Plot Chapter

Finding Nat, Steve, and Thor was easy, they were all in stationary, their eyes distant and their faces reacting to what their minds were showing them. My job was to take Thor and Steve by the hands and walk them back to the Quinjet while Clint picked Nat up.

The scary thing was that on the way back, we got a radio call from Tony, asking Nat for a lullaby.

"What's a lullaby?"

"We've found that Natasha has a way to suppress the Hulk. This is bad. That means that kid got to him too." Sure enough, when we returned to the jet, it was vacant. Where Bruce was supposed to be waiting.

"I have to go and find the twins before they leave me here or I get busted helping you."

"They don't know who you are?"

"Oh they know, but they don't think I'm on friendly terms with you. Technically, I'm not."

"Right. What's Ultron's next move?"

"I don't know."

"In that case, one more thing."

"What?" He handed me a pen.

"Keep this on you."

"A tracker?"

"You don't know his next step, so I need to know your location."

"Very well." I sighed, turned around, and put the pen in my bra.

"Now go." I glared at him a bit but ran off nonetheless.

I found the twins right around where I had waited before I was called in. Wanda was sitting down and Pietro was standing guard.

"How's she doing?"

"My head. It's killing me."

"Well, I know something of what that's like. May I try and help?" She nodded so I knelt and placed my hand on her forehead, where the burn mark was. Slowly, I pulled on my access to sedir and worked to heal the burn as well as the temporary damage it had caused to her brain.

"There. Better?" She nodded.

"Meet me in Seoul, Korea." It was a broken Ultron bot, "I have commandeered a private jet. It should be landing shortly to pick you up."

"Yes sir." The bot went slack but I decapitated it just to make sure. The twins gave me a weird look.

"What took you so long to get here? Did you get the archer?"

"No. He got me. I had to talk my way out." Pietro still looked a little suspicious but bought it anyway.

About twenty minutes later, Tony returned to the Quinjet, in a battered Iron Man suit and flying an unconscious Bruce Banner in his arms. Moments after he entered the jet, it took off and left South Africa far behind it. Our private jet arrived not long after it and landed in almost exactly the same place. We were on our way up to it when Pietro stopped short.

"A footprint." He looked at me, "Matching your shoe pattern!"

"What does that mean?"

"It means that she is working with them! With the Avengers!"

"Listen, Clint wants me to be a double agent. I told him I would."

"Will you?"

"I must." He moved to attack but I raised my voice, "LET ME EXPLAIN! They know I killed Strucker in prison, that means that could turn me in to NATO authorities and I would be locked up for life."