Chapter 39

Since I'm getting tired of saying it, whenever I post a picture in the future, IT'S NOT MINE (unless I say it is) these are the bedrooms of the Avengers

When my food finally cooled down enough for me to eat without the insides of the tortellini making my tongue tingle, I tried one and held the second one out to Loki.  He looked down at it, then back up at me, then back down at it again.
"Come on.  Just don't think about the smell.  Use your magic to make it smell good or something." He raised an eyebrow at me but closed his mouth around the end of my fork nonetheless.  I could tell he was surprised, if the eyebrows to the hairline were any hint.  As soon as he was done, he gave me his kitten eyed look.

"May I have another one?"

"After I'm done," He looked like a kicked puppy, "This is my dinner, you know.  We can come here again if you want..."

"Yes."

"And remember, we haven't even had dessert yet."  Loki's lips turned upwards slowly into something halfway between and smirk and a smile.

By the time the waitress came by to ask if we wanted dessert, Loki had wolfed down his food and had begun to pick at mine but even though the both of us had been working on it for quite awhile, we were only about halfway done with it.  The little restaurant had gotten busier, with nearly every table full and buzzing with noise.

"Here are the dessert menus, just flag me down when you decide."

"Okay, thank you."

"You're welcome," She turns to walk away. 

There were too many good choices on the menu.

"Oh!" The waitress came back, "I nearly forgot.  For ordering a pizzabrot, you get a tiramisu at half-price."

"Well, that just made my choice a lot easier.  I think we can split that."

"I'll be right back, a new batch was just finished." Despite her announcement that she would be right back, Loki continued to graze on my meal.  I smacked his fork away with mine.

"What?"

"We can take that back to the house and eat it some other time, you know."

"It will spoil."

"Not if we keep it in the fridge."

"That cooling room in every kitchen?"

"Yes. In there."

"Here you are."  She had a giant square of tiramisu balanced on the palm of her hand.  When she saw me face, she laughed, "You can take it home with you.  Would you like me to box the rest of your tortellini?"

"Yes, please."

"I will be back shortly with the box and the bill."  As soon as she left, my eyes snapped to Loki.

"How do you plan to pay?  Credit card or cash?  I can't use mine until the Avengers arrive."

"My mother provided me with a card of credit."  The two of us began to pick at the dessert and I could tell that Loki was regretting gorging himself on both of our meals.

"Why must everything be so delicious here?" Loki was looking longingly at the meal but also looked like he's eaten too much.  I laughed.

"You get used to it.  Do you want to split a dish next time?"

"If you wish."

"That was very non-committal." He shrugged.

"Can we go home now?"