Chapter 133

The play was funny to say the least. It reminded me vaguely of a soap opera. Not that I would ever tell Loki that, he'd been very proud of the script he'd handed over to the director. The light tone was appropriate given Loki's status as God of Mischief, the side of him that this play was meant to commemorate. It was odd seeing someone play me, and playing out things that I had lived with Loki, as well as a couple added tidbits of romance that I hadn't. One thing was for sure: Loki's playful spirit sure came to life on that stage.

It wasn't until his 'death' scene that the playful air gave way to a more melancholy tone.

"Oh, brother. This is it. I take my leave."

"You fool! You didn't listen!"

"I'm sorry."

"Lady Sif, get help!"

"Somebody help!" She ran off stage.

"I'm sorry for all I've done."

"Shh, it's alright. Hold on."

"I'm sorry I...tried to rule Earth."

"They'd be lucky to have you."

"I'm sorry about that...thing with the Tesseract. I just couldn't help myself. I'm a trickster."

"Yes! So mischievous."

"I'm sorry about that time I turned you into a frog."

"That was a wonderful joke."

"It was indeed hilarious!" Odin muttered to himself. I bit the inside of my cheek.

"You are the savior of Asgard."

"Tell my story. Build a statue for me."

"We will build a big statue."

"With my helmet on. With the big bendy horns." That line had been my idea.

"I will tell father what you did here today."

"I didn't do it for him." I heard Odin murmur.

"I didn't do it...for him." He groaned dramatically and his eyes closed. Then, the musical accompaniment began to sing.

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" The actress playing me began to cry.

"And so Loki died of his wounds, giving his life for ours. He fought back those disgusting elves, he brought peace to the realm." A child painted blue climbed up onto a rock, "Loki, my boy. T'was many moons ago I found you on that frostbitten battlefield." I'd played a little trick of my own with the script, changing just one little thing. I glanced at Odin, waiting for him to notice, "On that day, I did not yet see in you Asgard's saviour, no, you were merely a little blue, baby icicle that melted this old fool's heart."

"Really, love? Icicle?"

"What?" The audience was applauding and Odin stood.

"Bravo, bravo, bravo!" The actors got up and bowed.

"Father, sister." My head snapped to the right and my heart rate spiked. Thor. He had returned unannounced.

"Oh shit." I was really going to have to have a word with Steve about teaching Loki bad language, "Er....my son Thor has returned! Greetings, my boy!" He got his own applause, but not as much as the play had. I'm sure Loki was quite pleased about that.

"Hello, Mira." I got up.

"Hi." He had some big...thing in one hand and was filthy but I gave him a little hug anyway.

"How are you?"

"Alright."

"That was a very interesting play, what's it called?"