Chapter 95

Plot Chapter

Mira's POV

I was being taken back to my cell when an alarm went off inside the base. The guards carrying me panicked and took off at a run, dumping me on the floor of my cell and banging the door shut. Whatever it was, it was bad for them. Which meant it was good for me. Maybe it was the Avengers! This could be a rescue! I tried to get up but then remembered. I was paralyzed. And it would be an hour before it wore off. I fought against it, trying to force my limbs to move, to lift them with my mental ability, but it was not to be. They remained frozen on my stretcher. Tears welled up in the corners of my eyes. Of course, they mounted a rescue when I was helpless. Did they even know I was here? Or was it just a random raid? Would they even think to search the entire compound? They would probably search the basement and find the scepter, as well as the control center for information, but would they search all the other hallways and rooms? Probably not.
Suddenly, the entire building shook, shaking dust loose from the ceiling and making the ground tremble beneath me. I had just enough strength in me to keep the dust from landing in my eyes since I couldn't close them. When the shaking stopped after a few seconds, everything was silent and my ears started to ring. It took me awhile to figure it out, but when I did, I realized that the protective shield around the building was gone. That meant that one of my rescuers had come inside! It meant that I would be able to leave even if they didn't find me! That thought alone was enough for me to let my mind go and fall into a recovery slumber. I had found that sleeping off the mental effects was much easier than being awake when they took affect.

When I woke up, by the light in the sky it was dawn again. I'd slept an entire day away! The hum was still gone and after an hour, I still hadn't heard anything. There were no guards outside the door like there should be, so that meant that the base had been taken. The lack of a hum meant that I was still about to get out. However, I still had to recover from the physical side of my last session. When I concentrated, I could move in what I thought was slow motion. All in all, it took me until sunset to become accustomed to my new speed and mental strength. When I reached out, I found the building totally vacant of living minds. In fact, I couldn't touch any minds. That got me slightly worried but I was far too drained to do anything except eat the meal that had been left for me when I'd been thrown back in here.

The next day, I began trying to escape. Try would be the operative word there, it seems that there were countermeasures in place to keep me not only from unlocking the door with my mind, but from pulling the bars out of their place on the window. Not only that, but the cell was so deep underground that I couldn't knock out a wall without fear of the entire structure coming down on my head and killing me. My next solution was to shrink and get out that way, but the serums had somehow affected my access to sedir and even in my shrunken form, I was unable to get out. It was then that I began to panic. There still weren't any humans in my mental range so I couldn't get out of here. If I couldn't get out, then I would starve. I could already feel the effects of not having anything to eat of drink in the past twenty four hours. In my panic, I tried bend the bars, but that only resulted in me getting frozen hands and a frustrated attitude. When I finally calmed down, I laid down again to sleep. I could try again in the morning. People would come back here eventually.  hey had to.

3rd Person POV

Wanda and Pietro followed the robot Ultron into the compound where they had been prisoner. He led them to the basement of the compound. Not where they had had their sessions, but two levels deeper. There, they saw dozens of other, smaller robots and machines making....more robots.

"We'll move out right away. This is a start, but we need something before we begin the real work."

"All of these are–"