Chapter 97

I didn't actually intend to betray the Avengers. The way Ultron had of explaining his purpose was sketchy. He should know that the Avengers only engaged in violence when provoked, if someone else started it. Besides, I owed almost everything to them. Natasha taught me how to fight, Steve was there for me when I was recovering from the loss of Loki, and they had all agreed to clear Loki's name. I couldn't just turn around and betray them. But that didn't mean I would forgive them for leaving me there. At least not freely. My forgiveness was something that they would have to earn, and only by somehow bringing Loki back. At this point, that was the only thing that would do it.

Our first stop as a team was to a NATO top security prison. There, we found Strucker in a cell not much unlike the one we had been in, just smaller, built for one person. Ultron stayed out of sight while we opened the door.

"Ah. I see your loyalty knows no bounds. And Thirteen! So good to see the change in your attitude, and that you're recovering well from your final session of course."

"Wait a minute, you think we're here to get you out?" That made his expression sour up.

"Watch yourself, Thirteen." That did it. I surged forward, grabbed him by the throat and held him up against the wall.

"Let's make something clear. Firstly, my name is Mira Laufeyson. Not Thirteen. Secondly, we are not here to get you out, not after what you did to me." He looked to Pietro and Wanda.

"Correct this insolence." But they did not respond. It was only then that he began to panic.

"I gave you your talents. Thirteen, I gave you your life!"

"Wrong." I shifted where I was squeezing slightly, cutting off his voice, "I pulled myself out the of hell you put me in. Loki was the one who gave me purpose. But now he's gone, as is my purpose. Aside, of course, from killing you." With that, I began to squeeze and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Wait. There is something I need to know." Ultron revealed himself and Strucker just about fainted.

"I know there's someone out there with a large supply of vibranium. In the possession of Ulysses Klaue. I need to know where he is. Now." Strucker smirked.

"I'm not going to tell you anything."

"Oh, I think you will. I have all the time in the world. But I would prefer to get this information faster than that." There was a snap and Strucker cried out.

"You have ten more fingers. And two hundred and five more bones. Shall we begin?"

"No, no, no, please! His main base is off the coast of South Africa. The vibranium will be there."

"Good." He used a sharp part of metal on him to cut off the finger he'd broken, and scrawled the word 'PEACE' on the cell wall. Then he turned to me.

"Can I kill him now?"

"Be my guest." I snapped my head back to look at him. His eyes were full of terror.

"Well, this is a refreshing turn of events."

"Please don't hurt me. I'm sorry for everything."

"No. I don't think so. It's far too late to ask for mercy."

"How long are you going to be?"

"I don't know yet." I cracked my knuckles.

"We are going to go find Klaue. Join us when you are done."

"Thank you." The big Ultron left and one of the little ones stayed for supervision. I grinned at Strucker.

"This is going to be fun."