Chapter 29

Warning: much fluff and feels

Since I couldn't move much on my own, Frigga and Eir helped remove the nightgown from the top portion of my body so Eir could evaluate my breathing. Loki had reentered the room but was facing the door with his back to us.

"Breathing is good but the heart rate is a little fast. We need to get some food in her."

"I'll go get some."

"No, Loki. I'll go. Come and be with her." Frigga whispered something to Loki on her way out but I was too busy watching Eir as she searched through the bag she had brought with her for something. Loki came to my side and took my hand but kept his eyes straight ahead, refusing to look at me even though Eir had made sure my chest was still covered.

"Is she strong enough for a freezing spell?"

"You mean one that will keep her muscles from degenerating? I'm looking for something that will make her so. Unless, by some miracle, her condition improves substantially, I don't want her on her feet and walking around for at least three days. She's going to need someone to help her. Even when she begins walking again, she must not be allowed to strain herself. I don't want her going into battle for two months and training for one. At the very, very least."

"But then I may never fly again!"

"Which is why I'm going to give you an injection that will strengthen your heart enough to withstand what Loki wishes to do to you."

"And why would that be?"

"I'm going to do the same thing I did for myself when I went into isolation. It will keep you in the same state you are in now, even if you do not train."

"How is that possible?"

"Magic."

"Ah! One more thing. No magic for at least three months and always when wearing the opal. Never, ever use magic without it, your body is already showing very faint signs of addiction to it and they are much like the night flower, once you taste it, the addiction will never go away. There is no spell or medical cure. You're just going to have to wear that necklace at all times. Here it is. Loki, you're going to have to place the spell while I'm doing the injection. That's when the serum will be the strongest." She had a syringe in her hand. Massive, irrational fear radiated from my heart. I had not seen one of those since.....Stucker.

"Eir. That's not a good idea."

"It must be done, Loki. Otherwise she will likely never fly again."

"Is there any way you can numb the pain."

"No there is not Loki, and you know this. Why are you being so protective of her all of a sudden?" He did not reply and she sighed.

"This has to be done." She got out an antiseptic cloth and my heart rat began to pick up.

"Wait!"

"I'm sorry Mira."

"Do it in my other arm! I'm left handed!" My voice was high and shrill, not to mention shaky. I sounded like I was having a nervous breakdown. (me every time I go to the doctor)

"Alright." She and Loki teleported simultaneously and before I knew it, my arm had been swabbed and Loki was leaning over me, his left arm holding my right one at the elbow and his right around my back gripping my shoulder, holding me completely and utterly immobile.

"I'm here for you." I barely heard him. I was already flashing back to the SHIELD lab. The injections had been twice a day, with my meals. The most painful ones were the ones that stimulated my growth.