Chapter 145

The next thing I knew, everything was silent and it was dark on the ship, save for the red emergency light in the back cabin. Dreyma yawned and opened her eyes, looking curiously at what was outside the cockpit. I looked around. Bruce, Thor, and Valkyrie were all still passed out, but fortunately the ship had activated autopilot. Up ahead was Asgard. I had never seen it from this angle before, and I had always assumed that it would be round like other planets, but it wasn't. It was a big flat plateau with mountains behind the giant palace and waterfalls coming down from all sides. It was beautiful. The others came to not long after I woke and quickly directed the ship towards the palace.

"I never thought I'd be back here."

"I thought it'd be a lot nicer. I mean, not that it's not nice, it's just that, it's on fire." Bruce was right. Smoke billowed up from fires littered throughout the city. It most definitely wasn't safe here, I was going to need my hands to both fight and hold Dreyma.

"Here, up in the mountains. Heat signatures. People clustered together. She's coming for them." I went into the main cabin and began frantically rummaging through compartments until I found what I wanted: a cloak. I summoned my katanas to my waist and back, and used one of them to alter the cloak just so.

"Drop me off at the palace, I'll draw them away."

"Thor, I need your help." I wrapped the body of the cloak around Dreyma, clutched her to my chest, and threw two pieces of cloth over my shoulders, another pair resting on my hips, "Bind them as tightly as you can."

"Of course, sister."

"You'll get yourself killed!"

"The people trapped down there are all that matter. While I'm dealing with Hela, I need you three to help get everyone off Asgard."

"How the hell are we supposed to do that?"

"I have a man on the ground."

"Who?"

"Heimdall." I was relieved to hear that after all this, he was ok. I hadn't seen him in ages! But then another thought occurred to me.

"How upset is he? About..." I gestured to the air around me. Thor's brow furrowed.

"I do not know. But it seems to have worked out, as he was not there when Hela arrived and has been able to help many of the people. I would not concern yourself too greatly with his anger, you are not the one at fault."

"I know. That's what I'm worried about." The ship landed and the hatches opened.

"Bah!" Thor jumped out and began dismantling a crashed ship, "Loki can handle himself, and Heimdall does not take revenge in petty ways." He yanked one of the large revolving guns free and lugged it over to the ship.

"Here. Now, the ship has a gun."

"I'll take it from here."

"I found, uh, this in the armory." Thor removed a white-gold bundle wrapped in blue from...somewhere and put it next to the gun, and Valkyrie touched it hesitantly. She obviously knew what it was, "Good luck. All of you." He made to leave.

"Your Majesty." She meant it this time, "Don't die." Bruce began to take the ship up, but Thor didn't reply, "You know what I mean." Bruce accelerated back towards the bridge and closed the hatches.

"What do we do now? Go try to help the people?"

"No. The idea is to not draw attention. Take the ship over there." She pointed to some clouds about halfway down the bridge, "We can hide there, intervene if there's trouble."