Chapter 135

I didn't get the chance to voice my concerns, however. Both Thor and Dr. Strange vanished. There was a splash to my right. Thor was standing now, and had spilled some beer. Meanwhile, Strange was consulting a book and his cape continued to entertain Dreyma. It was currently playing peek-a-boo, making her shriek with laughter. I kept my eyes trained on Thor and Strange. He snapped the book shut, and then they vanished, along with the bookcase. The thud to my left told me where they were, although the bookcase was blocking my view.

"Oh, we don't need that." This time, the bookcase vanished, and reappeared where it had originally stood, along with Thor. A shelf collapsed and books fell to the floor. Thor's stein was coming up on half empty from him spilling it. I snickered. This was almost as bad as some of Loki's stories about when he loosed his own tricks on Thor. I had a feeling he and Strange would either be the best of friends or the worst of rivals. Thor placed his stein on a table and shook his hands out.

"Would you stop doing that?" He walked over, waited for me to stand, and we approached Strange together.

"Can I–I need a–just...one strand of your hair."

"Wait, me, or–"

"No, him."

"Let me explain something. My hair is not to be meddled with!" Even as he spoke, in a tone bordering on angry, a clone of Strange came up behind him and yanked a strand out. Thor grunted in pain. Strange was already working magic with it, turning it into a long, orange, sparking thing. We transported once again, and neither Thor nor I were prepared. Fortunately, the cape was there to catch me. Thor was not so lucky. We transported to what looked like a lobby area, and Thor came rolling down the marble stairs while the cloak set me down gently.

"Thank you?" It felt odd thanking what would normally be an inanimate object, but the cloak reacted in a bashful manner, floating back to Strange's shoulders despite Dreyma's protests.

"We could've just walked." Thor rose, dusting himself off. Dr. Strange then turned the string into a huge circle, large enough for Thor to step through upright, and in it was a beautiful grassland.

"He's waiting for you."

"Alright."

"Oh, don't forget your umbrella."

"Oh yes!" He held out his hand and almost immediately there was a distant crash. Followed by another. And another. Then the sound of shattering glass.

"Thor!"

"Ssorrryyy...." He certainly didn't sound at all remorseful. The sounds of destruction continued, getting closer and closer, until finally Mjolnir flew into Thor's hand. He then proceeded to brush it and shake it a bit, and pieces of broken glass came out.

"I'm so, so sorry Dr. Strange." Although I was biting back a fit of giggles myself.

"And Loki?" My amusement vanished like mist in the sun when my hearing began to pick up the sound of police sirens.

"Well I suppose I need my brother back."

"Oh, yeah. Right." Strange raised his hands and drew an imaginary circle. A corresponding one appeared about fifteen feet above the floor. It was a completely black void, but I could hear Loki screaming. He fell out of the hole moments later, and face planted on the harsh floor. To make it worse, he bounced a bit. A tribute to how fast he'd been falling.

"Loki!" He remained on his stomach and flipped his hair.

"I have been falling for THIRTY MINUTES!" He was absolutely livid. I rushed to his side and helped him up.