Chapter 98

House Chapter

The NyQuil was disgusting, but it seemed to do the trick, not just for giving me a good night sleep, but speeding up my overall recovery. Since it banished my discomfort, I was able to get twelve hours of uninterrupted sleep and then a few naps in between. Once it wore off, I was miserable again, but each time it was less severe as the last. On the fourth day of being sick, I was finally able to get out of bed and was able to stomach soup and toast without feeling sick afterwards. It was relieving to finally wake up and not immediately experience the symptoms of the bad cold. Loki had been a trooper while I battled the infection, staying by my side through all my ups and downs but now it was over and I could not be more pleased. When I woke up on the sixth day, our second to last day at the house, Loki was sitting up in bed reading, but according to Eir, he often used my computer while I slept.

"Morning, Kitten. How are you feeling?"

"Perfect."

"Mmmm, good. I have a surprise for you."

"Really? What?"

"It shall remain a surprise."

Loki refused to tell me what he had planned all morning while Eir checked up on me.

"She has recovered from her infection but it will still be two weeks before she should try any magic."

"Thank you, Eir."

"So no more nasty NyQuil?"

"No more." She confirmed.

"Thank God!"

"You're welcome." Loki murmured. I glared at him.

"You know what I meant." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Eir smirk.

"My work here is finished."

"Then you may return to Asgard."

"Let me know if there is any more trouble but there should not be." Eir left swiftly and we heard the Bifrost activate a few minutes later. As soon as the sound faded, Loki's arms snaked around me.

"Alone at last. I am thankful that this is over."

"Me too." Suddenly, Loki's hands left me torso and covered my eyes.

"Time for your surprise."

"Loki–"

"Let me guide you, Kitten." His hands remained over my eyes but another pair took hold on my shoulders. Turn and walk.

I let Loki guide me down a familiar path. I couldn't see but I recognized the floor as our secret room. I felt Loki guide me over to the side of the room, by the closet.

"Sit." He widened my stance quite a bit by kicking my legs apart gently and backed me up against a soft surface. I grabbed at his shirt as my knees bent, my nails finding purchase in his loose, silk shirt. Loki didn't complain and his clone's hands found my feet, lifting them and bringing them back together before lowering them into hot, soapy water. I jumped and tried to pull away at the sensory overload but he wouldn't allow it, keeping a firm grip on my ankles.

"Is the water too hot?"

"I'll get used to it." My feet were on some sort of bumpy, plastic surface. Loki uncovered my eyes and I squinted for a few seconds. Long enough for Loki to end his clone and sit down on a stool in front of me. He had a tray of instruments next to him. They looked a bit like dental tools but the ends weren't right.

"Loki...what is this?"

"I intend to treat you like the goddess you are. I will admit that I have spent the last few days researching and practicing how to do this properly." He picked up my right foot and placed it on a table-like surface and used a towel to wipe the bubbles off. He clipped my nails and put a soft, pink substance on my cuticles and sprayed it with something. He then did the same with my other foot.