Chapter 84

House Chapter

"Mira!" Loki was shaking me, "Wake up, it's time to go!"

"Go where?"

"Skiing, remember? We said we'd leave early!"

"Who's we?"

"Everyone but you. The lines get long at about eight. Everyone got their skis last night while you were sleeping. They're all down at breakfast right now, you slept in. We want to leave in less than an hour."

"Since when were you so excited about skiing?"

"Since I did some research on it. With my natural skill in the cold, I should be able to pick up the sport rather quickly.

The hotel restaurant was buzzing with activity. There were two chefs preparing omelettes and pancakes to the specifications of the guests, and there was also a self-serve buffet. I saw Tony in line and was about to go say hi but Loki stopped me.

"We cannot all be seen together, it will cause far too much excitement. We're going to meet up at the top of the main ski lift."

"Oh." Now that I looked around, I could see just about everyone else in semi-disguises.

Breakfast was quick and the ride to the mountain as well. I think I saw Rose on the bus but I wasn't sure, I lost her as soon as we arrived.

The gondola ride up was rather awkward, there was an attractive young man in the lift with us, and he hadn't realized that Loki was my boyfriend.

"So Angel, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

"Excuse me?"

"You're Angel, the Avenger. So did it?"

"Did it what?"

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

"No." Loki's cold voice cut me off, "Because I was there to catch her." He wrapped an arm around me possessively but that didn't dissuade the man.

"This your first time skiing?"

"Yeah."

"You know, I've been skiing since I could walk. I could show you the ropes, I've got some moves I know you'll love." He wiggled his eyebrows. Now he was making me uncomfortable.

"I know you aren't talking about skiing anymore, now as you can clearly see, I have a boyfriend and I do not intend to leave him for the likes of you."

"You don't know what you're missing, darling."

"Oh, trust me." The gondola docked and the doors opened, "I'm not missing anything." Loki and I got off, grabbed our skis, and left hand in hand.

We were the last ones to join the Avengers just outside the lift.

"What took you two so long?"

"There was a creep on the lift trying to pick me up."

"Oh, Angel, did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" Loki mocked in a high-pitched, nasally voice. The others snickered.

"There's a restaurant up here on the mountain that we want to try. Should we meet up there in, say, two to three hours?"

"Three hours. That'll give us enough time to find all the good spot to ski." We all got our own maps and sort of split off into groups by skill level. Pepper had decided to take advantage of the spa and have a day to herself but everyone else was here. Loki and I ended up in our own little group.

"There's a lift that runs to just above this. There isn't anything too extreme from top to bottom, should we try that first?" Loki shrugged and nodded.