Chapter 116

We didn't even get a full night of sleep. T'Challa came in and woke us up at what had to be 2am with bad news.

"We must go to the compound. Now."

"Why now?"

"Rhodey has contacted me. Ross wants to put Tony and Vision in the Raft, for returning in your jet, as well as having contact with you and the others without turning them and you in. He has promised to not reveal that who Odin really is, or that Mira is pregnant."

"Yep. Then we have to go."

"No."

"Loki–"

"I must go there. You must remain here, in Asgardian territory."

"This is too important a meeting for you to sideline me!"

"I agree." T'Challa picked up my phone, opened it, and punched something in, "You've got me on speed dial now. FaceTime me." Loki was already up, dressed and put on Odin's appearance.

"I will return soon. If you need to be somewhere cold, go to Bucky and Steve's room."

"Ok. Don't blow your cover."

"Come on, you know me! Have a little faith in the father of your child." We kissed, then he stepped back, placed a hand on T'Challa's shoulder, and then was gone.

Loki's POV

Our entrance was more than a little dramatic. We appeared in the conference room T'Challa had pictured in his mind. Tony and Vision were sitting across from each other at the table, their hands shackled. Rhodey was sitting at one of the heads of the table and at the other stood an older man with white-gray hair and a furious look on his face. He had been in the process of screaming at my friends when we appeared, and our appearance shut him up fast. We both made brief eye contact with Rhodey and that was enough to confirm that he would indeed keep our secret.

"Who the hell are you?!"

"I am Odin. King of Asgard. Protector of the Nine Realms."

"Well, I don't care. You have no power here."

"Politically, that is correct. But galactically, I have more power than you could ever dream of. It has been brought to my attention that you and your people are attempting to control the Avengers."

"They're dangerous. Of course, I don't expect you to understand any of that, given that Thor is your son."

"Are you trying to imply that I am biased? Wearing...what is the term? Rose colored lenses? I assure you, I am completely aware of the damages that the Avengers have caused."

"Then you understand why they must be controlled."

"No. I also understand how dangerous their adversaries have been and how much damage they averted. Did your government not fire a nuclear weapon at one of the most populated cities on their world during the Chitauri invasion? What was the master idea behind that?"

"Well, first of all–"

"And how many innocents actually perished in DC?"

"None that we know of, but–"

"But nothing. All those who died that day would have only caused the world trouble later." He crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes, clearly unhappy that I was winning the argument.

"Then what–" T'Challa's phone started beeping."

"Ah, right on time." He answered and Mira's face appeared on the screen moments later.