Chapter 41

Now, it was just me, Loki, Bruce, and Clint as we went down the white spiral. The awkward silence was stifling. Clint didn't want to talk to Loki just yet, Bruce was too shy to, and there wasn't anything that Loki or I could say to each other that wouldn't make the situation more awkward than it already was! When we got to the bottom, I debated about showing them Thor's room but decided against it. No need to make them want something they couldn't have. So I led them down the hall, past the third guest and to Bruce's room.

"I know you like the clean modern look so I hope you're ok with this..." I opened the door. Bruce didn't really display an emotional reaction, he had a tendency to not do that, but I could tell that he was pleased with me choice.

"You chose well. I like it."

"I'm glad."

"What was that other door that we passed?"

"We're going to end up having two guest rooms in this house, three if one Avenger is absent. That is the absolute last choice. Frigga decided to add it in at the last second." Once they peeked in, they ducked out.

"I have an idea. If we ever have another prisoner, they can stay in there."

"Or, I can conjure up a prison cell for them to stay in. This house does not have to be complete. If you wish to add another room, my mother and I can do that in a heartbeat once we know what you want it to look like."

"Well, why couldn't you?" Clint nodded to me, "Frigga said you taught yourself magic."

"Because I'm on probation. I'm sure you heard about the coma I fell into two months ago? Well, I'm not allowed to use basic magic for another month, unfortunately, and I have to be very, very careful with what I do for a long time, even with this helping me." I pointed to my necklace.

"That is a very peculiar stone. Would you mind if I examined it in my lab?"

"It can't leave my neck, but if we ever get the chance, then sure."

"Mira–"

"I swear I won't cut it or perform any unnecessary experiments on it."

"Yes, but I know not what your technology could do to it. It's a very rare stone, one that cost me a fortune to purchase. A sum of money that not even Tony Stark would dream of having."

"It's that expensive?"

"It can't be–"

"Natural dragon breath opals have very magical properties and are the most highly coveted stone in all of the Nine Realms. They're more valuable than dragon tears."

"Dragons exist?"

"Yes, but only in a particularly dangerous part of Muspelheim, the fire realm."

"We are straying from the topic. Let's head downstairs and see if Steve and Nat have made a choice yet." When we got the the basement, Steve was only just opening the door. As soon as Nat saw the room, she made her decision.

"I want this one." Her tone was quiet, "Steve, I hope you don't mind, but...."

"Of course not. I prefer to stay above ground anyway."

"It's settled then." Both of them jumped, "Do you guys want help bringing your stuff in?"

"Wait, where's your guy's room?" I looked at Loki. I had made the bed this morning and I was pretty sure we had put all of our dirty clothes in the Asgardian-style silent washer in our room, so...

"This way." We led them down the hall.

"What do you do for fun around here?"

"Well, there's more stuff than you would think. The town nearby has an ice rink, according to Frigga, there's a ski place not far away although we haven't looked into it yet, this house is awesome for playing hide and seek in, there's a training room, a quiet room, and if all else fails, there's a giant pool, cable, and a theater off the sitting room down here."