Chapter 102

Three minutes turned into thirty and during that time, I realized just how tired and whacked out I was. In the past twenty four hours, I'd gone nearly all around the world and gotten no sleep. Well, I may have dozed on the flight from South Africa to Seoul but it wasn't anything substantial. I must've fallen asleep on the sofa, because the next thing I knew, Pietro woke me up gently and put a finger to his lips.

"What?" He pointed across the room, where Wanda was standing. Her eyes were fixed on the balcony, where Thor and Vision were sharing a hushed conversation. I knew she wasn't looking at Thor, because she had once expressed her....not hatred of, but slight repulsion by lots of bulging muscles. Pietro tapped my shoulder again, held up Wanda's red leather jacket, and looked back at his sister. I nodded my head and he threw the jacket and hit her square in the chest, stunning her out of her daze. The expression on her face when she looked at us did not allow me to stifle a snicker.

We all gathered together in the Quinjet bit by bit. Wanda, Pietro, and I sat together while Steve, Banner, and Stark congregated at the other end.

"No way we all get through this. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's going to be blood on the floor."

"I've got no plans tomorrow night."

"I get first crack a the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for."

"That's true, he hates you the most." Vision joined us. Once everyone was there, Steve began his pre-battle speech.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are, we'll be riding into heavy fire, and that's what we signed up for, but the people of Sokovia didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not going to happen today, but we can do our best to protect them and get the job done. We find out what Ultron has been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. We keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters, and we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

When we arrived in Sokovia, Wanda, Pietro, and I rushed out of the Quinjet. Pietro went to alert the local authorities, for what good it would do, while Wanda and I were each responsible for half the population. It was rather eerie seeing so many people just walking away from their homes, leaving all they had behind, but to be the one actually making them do it? It was heartbreaking. None of us had any idea how much damage the battle would cause to the city, so it was very, very possible that many of these people wouldn't have anything but what they were wearing when this was all over.

While we were doing our part, the others tried to direct the traffic out of town. Well, everyone but Tony. He went to the church at the center of the city to stall for time and everything seemed to be going well when, all of a sudden, Ultron bots came out of....everywhere. The streets, the rivers, the sky, and quickly started causing explosions and destruction.

"Alright, game over. Mira, Wanda, we'll need you." I broke all the connections with the people and turned to the closest bot, decapitating it. Unfortunately, the bots seemed to be going for the people, and there were two each time I looked around for a new target. I was the sole protector in the area, but I also knew that this fight was just getting started, so I couldn't waste what little energy I had on a clone.

I was just barely holding my own when things took an unexpected turn. The ground trembled beneath my feet and a gap formed five feet away from me. Either the other side was falling slowly and steadily, or my side was lifting up somehow. I ran to the edge, just to see if I could trust what I was feeling and found that indeed, I could. A large portion of the city had separated and was lifting off. Everywhere, glass shattered and buildings started to collapse. I reacted without thinking, getting people around me and flying them down to the stable surface, one at a time. Two if they were children.