Chapter 68

House Chapter

Mira's POV

After more than an hour at H&M, my stomach not only felt like it was digesting itself but at least one person made a comment every time it rumbled–which was like every few minutes. At last, we were walking out after making the purchase of the year. It wasn't until Pepper handed over the credit card that the clerk recognized her name and all the shock that we were buying so much stuff went away. Honestly, I didn't know how we were going to go to any other shops, each of us had one large bag stuffed with clothes! Not all of them were mine of course, but over half of them were and the others had made it clear that I could wear their clothes as well if I needed to. It was twelve thirty before our food came.

"Now, are you certain you don't need any formal dresses?"

"Yep."

"Sure?"

"Have you seen my closet in Asgard? It's all formal dresses of one type or another I felt overdressed wherever I went."

"Alright. Then we'll just get some semi-formal dresses."

"No! You've bought me enough as it is. I couldn't afford this much clothing in a lifetime!"

"Fine. Then as soon as we finish, we're going to the shoe store."

As it happened, there was only one pair of super expensive shoes that I actually liked. They were a pair of Born shoes and they were absolutely beautiful. The heels weren't too high, there were pads built into the shoes for comfort, and they would go with just about any outfit! But they also bought me a few pairs of flats, a pair of tennis shoes, and several pairs of sandals. Since we were all the same shoe size, we agreed to share them since we all planned on stealing them at one point or another. There wasn't much point to jewelry either, I had way too much of that as well and not to mention, it was all real. We walked out of that store with nothing more than a couple pairs of cheap feather earrings and a few ear chains and cuffs. It wasn't until the winter shopping that I felt guilty again. They bought me my own ski gear, two coats, a pair of boots, as well as a couple hats and pairs of gloves.

Before I knew it, we were heading back to the car, countless bags draped across our arms, me carrying my skis, and Pepper a takeaway pizza for a snack on the way back. Nat had insisted on getting some sodas for them and a lemonade for me, as carbonated beverages didn't exactly agree with my stomach. There was a bit of an issue getting everything to fit into the car but after putting my skis on top and a few bags into the middle seat, we were ready to go.

Once we pulled onto the highway, Nat whipped out her phone and called Clint to let him know we were on our way back. Since I was in the front with Pepper, I couldn't eavesdrop on their conversation

"Hey Clint. We're on our way back now." I heard him talking on the other end but I couldn't make out his words.

"Oh really?" She sounded surprised.

"Well we'll hurry back then." When I heard that, I knew something was wrong. As soon as she hung up, I practically jumped on her.

"What is it? What happened? Is Loki ok?"

"What? No, he's fine. They found four very young orphaned kittens under the porch and they need medical assistance. Frigga is there now helping them out."

"Kittens?" Where was the mother? Just how young were they?

"I expect we'll find out when we get home."

Loki's POV

Mother arrived literally a minute after I alerted her to our kitten issue.