Chapter 15

Me celebrating my birthday with my BFFs

Whispers filled the dining hall once again as I arrived alone and took my place next to Odin at the table. Some of the braver nobles began to question me but I refused to answer any of them.

"You finally found out what he was then."

"What did you see in that monster in the first place?"

"Had a change of mind?"

"Now you know that the looks are fake." None of them were even close as to why I was mad at him. Even after the torture he endured from Thanos, he still acted like flogging was a normal, everyday thing. I wasn't hungry but I forced myself to eat a healthy meal anyway. While I wanted to spend my last day with Loki just doing nothing but being alone in his company but I knew I had to train. There were no two ways about it and even though I was mad at him, I watched for him out of the corner of my eye. Loki entered the hall and without even so much as giving me a fleeting glance, went straight to Thor's table and sat down next to his brother. I was continually taunted throughout the meal but it all stopped when one of them hit home.

"Perhaps my son will be to your liking instead of that bloodthirsty beast." That was the last straw.

"You all listen here and you listen well. Loki and I have merely had a disagreement. This does not mean that you can one, try and get me to hate him. Two, degrade him, and three offer me your sons as replacements. You're jealous, all of you, that I have chosen someone else. Too bad. Deal with it." What little appetite I had had was long gone so there was no point in staying. I rose from my seat and decided to risk the aching muscles to fly over the table instead of take the time to walk around it. I deliberately made sure that everything was disturbed by my air current. I landed on the other side of the table and continued walking like nothing had happened. I extended an arm to Loki, who transported to my side and took it. As we sauntered out of the dining hall, I took care to sway my hips more than usual. It was my way of saying 'ha. Eat that.' (A/N: I thought about adding an explicit word here but I'll let you do that yourselves)

As soon as we were out of sight and earshot of the hall, Loki stopped short, turning in front of me and grasping both arms so I couldn't get away.

"What was that about?"

"What?"

"That stunt you just pulled."

"Look, I'm still mad about the fact that you talk about flogging like one would talk about the weather but those nobles pissed me off more. I just decided to make a statement about it. I doubt they'll ever question my love for you again. Now, I need a way to let off steam. Fancy a duel?" I started walking again.

"I will be no match for you. As much as I detest saying this, I think Fandral or Hogan will make better opponents."

"Then we'll go to the training grounds and you'll teach me to throw daggers until they get there."

"How long do you plan on training?"

"A few hours, no more than four or five though."

"Four or five!?"

"I have to make up for the lost time. Yesterday, the day before, and the three days I went without training back on Earth."

"But I thought you trained that night after the battle."

"I did but I have to train at least an hour to an hour and a half a day. Even that tiny bit of flying is going to bring me sore muscles come tomorrow and at this rate, I won't be able to fly at all by the end of the week."