Chapter 147

"It suits you."

"Maybe you're not so bad after all, brother."

"Maybe not."

"Thank you. If you were here, I may even give you a hug." There was a moment of silence, punctuated by the slap of metal on leather.

"I'm here. We're here." I stepped into view, "If you'll have us." Thor walked over to us slowly, his face betraying no emotion. The closer he came, the stiffer Loki got. Only once they were inches apart did Thor break out into a wide grin and throw his arms around Loki.

"Of course. Of course I will have you." Loki was so shocked that it took him a moment to return the embrace, and he relaxed visibly once he did.

"Thank you, brother." They parted and Thor came over to me, giving me a side-hug so as not to crush Dreyma.

"The three of you are my family, Loki. There is nothing I would not do for you. In fact, I insist that you take these chambers. They are by far the largest and most comfortable."

"Oh, Thor we couldn't do that–" Loki shut me up with a look.

"How many Asgardians survived?"

"Not enough." Thor replied bitterly, "And I fear this ship will not support them long enough to reach Earth."

"We're going back to Earth?" I began assessing the room, finding potential hazards for Dreyma.

"Naturally! Where else would we go? Aside from where Miek is from." There was silence for a few moments, and I reconstructed some of the furniture to make a crib, building up the courage to ask my next question.

"Is Eir still alive?"

"I do not know, but we can easily find out, all of the Asgardians are waiting in the primary space. When I go out there I will officially be named king." I glanced at Loki to see his reaction. There was no jealousy on his face. In fact, he looked rather...relieved.

"Unless Loki, you would like the position."

"No!" He backpedaled a bit, "It is no longer my ambition to be a king. I have ruled for my time. Now I only wish to be with my family."

"You truly have changed, brother."

"But even that may not be possible."

"What?"

"There is a reason I feigned death, and it was not to torture you or Mira. Love, you have heard all this before, perhaps you should go find Eir."

"Heard what?"

"You sure?"

"Yes. It is time he knew."

"Time I knew what?" I moved out of earshot, listening hard for other voices. I worked my way towards them slowly, not wanting to get lost on this massive ship. I was given a bad scare when I rounded a corner and nearly walked smack into Heimdall.

"Greetings, your highness."

"Heimdall, please don't hurt Loki. He–"

"No harm shall come to him by my hand. His actions were selfish, but it is in the past now." I let out a breath I hadn't realized I'd been holding.

"Is there any chance you could help me find Eir? I need to talk to her."

"I can imagine so." Amusement dancing in his amber orbs, "Come." He turned on heel and began leading me through the maze of halls, down a couple levels, and to the edge of a crowd. I could see Eir not far off, looking weary but alive.