Chapter 117

Mira's POV

The cold room actually helped a lot with the baby, the cold inside me didn't get worse even when the yelling increased, but it didn't get better either. Only Loki could do that. He and T'Challa appeared not ten minutes after I hung up and I was able to leave the cold room shortly afterwards.

T'Challa left the house that evening, after a meal of leftovers. We also sent word to the others that they were relatively safe. We were both upset that I couldn't leave the house, but Anton, who had been told about my situation (well, most of it, anyway), had agreed to help in any way I needed.

Over the next six months, not a lot changed after everything settled into a normal routine. Everyone had stopped by to visit at least once, but Wanda, Steve, and Bucky more than anyone else. Near the end of the school year, there'd been a string on incidents with Peter Parker at the center, but his identity had not been revealed to the public. Loki had taken several trips back to Asgard. In order to disguise his absence, he'd left a clone in Odin's form. This clone operated exactly like him, the same experience, abilities, and knowledge. It was hard for even me to tell the difference between the two. However, he had to return and replace the clone every couple weeks. He would be gone for about twenty-four hours, and he always made sure Anton stopped by at some point during that time with groceries. It was very hard for me to be in that gigantic house all alone, and even though I knew it was safe, I had to spend a lot of time in the cold room. It was just a precaution, once blue started to spread beyond the region of my womb, I went to the cold room. Once there, the blue receded to my belly and Loki was able to ease it away in less than ten minutes.

In terms of my pregnancy, everything had changed between months three and nine. I went from having a totally flat stomach to beginning to show a bit at four months and growing steadily since then. At nine months, I had the average size of a seven month pregnancy, not a whale yet, but certainly getting there. I had long since grown out of all my bras, clothes, and shoes, and at month five, I lost the ability to even just hover. The loss had devastated me and Loki had tried his very best to console me. He increased physical amorous contact, compliments, and began promising me that as soon as I gave birth, he'd be helping me regain my former body, even if he had to use a hint of sedir. He really tried his best, but his consolations didn't do much for me, especially as I looked ahead at the long months that remained.

Eir had come to see us twice and check the pregnancy, and she was satisfied with how I was progressing. According to her, I should have an ultrasound done, but none of us could figure out how to do that. In order to get back to Asgard, Loki would have to disguise me and call to Heimdall, but we couldn't figure out a way to explain my presence. The only real way I would get back there without him discovering my pregnancy was if I dressed in very bulky, winter clothes, but I still didn't want to go because it would mean going alone and if I was going to get a scan done, I wanted Loki with me. If we weren't going to go to Asgard, then we'd have to get a scan done here. There wasn't an OB/GYN locally, and I didn't feel comfortable going very far from the house, as Ross warned that he'd be watching. When I talked to Steve about this a couple weeks ago, he'd pointed me in Tony's direction, and to the doctors who had helped me recover after Ultron, but that also had a massive issue with it: it was basically the tiger's mouth. New York was the domain of Ross and the Avengers, so I wanted to stay as far away from there as possible.

Out of everything that had happened, the biggest worry that Loki, Eir, and I had was that there'd been no movement whatsoever from my baby, not even the slightest quickening. That was the biggest reason Eir wanted me to get a scan, otherwise she'd be fine relying on our intuitions.

Whatever the case, we were going to have to make a decision soon. Eir had given us until December to set something up, but our primary concern was Thanksgiving. We were trying to get in contact with as many people as we could, but so far we'd not heard back from anyone aside from Anton. It was unclear who had even gotten our messages at all actually. While Ross wasn't actively pursuing any of them anymore, they still had to stay under the radar.