Chapter 3

Loki was escorted away by twelve SHIELD agents dressed in full combat gear with loaded guns. TWELVE! I made to follow him from a distance just to see where he was being taken when I was stopped by a woman with straight, short, dirty blonde hair.

"I'm Agent Osborne. I'm in charge of looking after your friend while she's here and possibly recruit her."

"I don't need a babysitter!" Emily exclaimed.

"I'm afraid Director Fury has insisted. Agent Brooks, you have been requested on the bridge with the others."

"Alright."

"Lady Mira!" I heard Thor's loud voice behind me, "I do not know where this bridge is. Perhaps you can direct me there."

"Follow me." I started off in the direction opposite to where Loki had gone, glancing briefly down the hall. My heart sank when I couldn't see him, or any of the agents he had gone with. I had hoped to get a small clue as to where he was going to be held. It was late at night and the corridors were deserted. Thor took advantage of this and stopped me.

"What transpired between you and my brother while I was occupied with the Man of Iron?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"One does not simply tell Loki to sit down." (A/N: Anyone get the reference? No? Ok.)

"I twisted my ankle when you landed on top of the jet and Loki took a look at it for me." Thor's brow furrowed.

"Why?"

"I asked him the same thing. The only reply I got was him pressing a little harder than necessary on my twisted ankle."

"You seem to be walking just fine now."

"It hurts and I'm not in those heels anymore."

"But Loki was no where near you feet. If I did not know my brother as well as I do, I would think that he kissed you." My blush gave me away and Thor grinned, "I am glad he has finally found someone."

"You won't tell anyone?"

"Why would I do that?"

"I'd probably be arrested and fired from SHIELD because they will think that I may try to aid him in some way."

"Then you have my word that your relationship with Loki will remain a secret."

"Thanks Thor. Now let's get to the bridge before they miss us." We jogged the rest of the way. When we got there, Director Fury was nowhere in sight and everyone had a personalized screen they were staring at. Thor and I looked over Natasha's shoulder to see Loki in a giant, circular cage with glass walls. Wait, wasn't that the containment cage in case we had a Hulk incident? Fury was standing outside it by a control panel.

"It's an impressive cage." Loki's voice came from the speaker, "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh I've heard." He looked right at the camera, as if he knew I was on the other side watching him, "A mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you."

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk of peace and yet you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power. Unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is." Fury began walking away.