Chapter 22

The next morning, I woke up in Loki's bed. Still half asleep, I felt around me for Loki's warm figure. When I didn't find anything, I began to wake up a little more and that's when I remembered. Loki's isolation began today, he was to be taken at sunrise. I bolted upright and looked up the window only to find that I was too late. The sun had long since risen and that meant that Loki was long gone. There was a small red stain on the sheets from where I had bled through overnight but I could wash it out myself later. Right now, I didn't care. I was alone. I wouldn't see him for a whole month! This realization struck my heart and tears formed unbidden in my eyes and before I could stop them, they left them and gravity pulled them down my cheeks. My cramps were coming back and this time, I didn't have Loki to make them go away so I did the next best thing. I grabbed the pillow that Loki had slept on and wrapped myself around it. It smelt like him but it was cold. Loki had been taken long ago.

I didn't know how long I had been there, crying softly and hoping that I would fall into a coma and the month would just pass me by. When that didn't happen and Frigga came in, I knew I was going to have to get up and face the day.

"It will pass quickly. It may not seem like that now, but it will." I sniffled and looked up at her but didn't move. "Are you feeling alright?"

"Ugh....I'm fine. I'm....what did Loki called it? My moon-whatever."

"Your moon-cycle?"

"Yeah, that's it."

"I will return shortly, I have something that will help with the pain." Frigga left the room and came back less than a minute later with a purple-colored potion. "Drink this, you will feel better."

I took it from her and gulped it down without hesitation. Big mistake. The liquid was very, very spicy and if there was anything I hated more than training, it was spicy stuff. My mouth and throat burned due to the amount of spicy liquid I had swallowed.

"How long will it last?" I could already feel the pain fading away.

"With the amount you just had, for the rest of your cycle. You only would've needed to take a sip for it to take care of the pain for an hour." Now she tells me. Well, at least I wouldn't have to take it again. Loki would be out before I got it again and even if I was early, I could always run back to Earth and get Advil from a corner store.

"What's the plan for today?"

"Whatever you wish it to be. Thor and his friends always go and train in the mornings and now that the excitement with Loki is over, they will lead the army to whatever realm the Allfather orders in the afternoon. Ever since the BiFrost was destroyed, the Nine Realms have been in chaos. It is Thor's responsibility as crown prince to lead the army and restore peace. They will probably invite you to join them. I have been informed that you have chosen to trust them with your secret. Am I correct in assuming that Hannah is not included in that select group?"

"Yes. Thor didn't know enough about her to know if she would be trustworthy."

"That was very smart of you. I do not believe that she would've kept your secret. Do all you can to ensure that she does not find out."

"Will do."

Breakfast went as expected. None of the nobles paid any attention to me now that I had made it clear that I was with Loki but Thor waved me over.

"So Mira, I hear you can fight with katanas but not much else. Weapons wise."

"That is true. I know how to use those and Midgardian guns but that is the extent."

"How would you like to learn how to fight with a greater array of weapons?"

"What kind of weapons are we talking about here?"