Chapter 70

House chapter

For dinner, Tony had thrown pasta in boiling water, cut up a few tomatoes, put some pepper on it, and dumped it on plates. Not that I'm complaining, it was actually really good, but it was a little too spicy for me and left a rather prickly and uncomfortable taste in my mouth but before I could request desert, I was cut off.

"We need to add Rose and Pepper to the cooking order."

"Just tag them on the end."

"No. That's not fair."

"But then what about those who have already cooked? Tony and Bruce?"

"It's only two people."

"Actually....we skipped lunch today because we were so occupied with the kittens I didn't make any lunch."

"Then one person."

"No, two. Loki made dinner last night."

"You call sandwiches dinner?"

"Paninis and yes."

"Is Loki still being discriminated against?" Frigga spoke for the first time all evening and the Avengers all looked at each other but mainly Clint. I was the only one who looked at Rose.

"Yes. Being ignored and having cameras set up around the house so that they can 'monitor' us."

"No foreign technology will run in this house if it is meant to harm those in it."

"So no guns?"

"No guns."

"What about the use icers in the training room? They're only for stunning."

"This house is meant to be a safe haven for all of those who deserve it."

"The operative word there being deserve." Clint had the nerve to mutter.

"Enough! There will be no more negative talk towards my son in this house or on this property." Frigga said icily, "Now, I do believe it is time for me to bid you all farewell so that I may return to Asgard." She rose quickly from her seat, touching Loki's shoulder as she exited the room, prompting him to follow her. I stayed where I was, thinking she might want some alone time with Loki but I was waved along as well.

Once we were outside, Frigga turned to us with a sad look in her eyes.

"Mira, I am sorry that you have been dragged into this. Neither of you deserve it. Loki has suffered enough and by extension, so have you. Tomorrow, I shall pay another visit to your Director of SHIELD and have another conversation with him. But now we need to talk about a more personal matter." Loki suddenly looked very uncomfortable, "Mira, I can check you right now for any infections you may pass to Loki. This does not obligate the two of you to accelerate your relationship but it will grant you the freedom of not publicizing it when that time comes."

"Alright. Go ahead." The woman placed both of her hands on my lower belly and closed her eyes. I felt alternating waves of hot and cold siedir radiate through that area for a few moment, making my go numb for a few moments before Frigga pulled away.

"I did not detect any anomalies or infections. Conception and pregnancy should go off without a hitch." I couldn't help but notice that she didn't include 'birth' in that list.

"Thank you, mother." They hugged and exchanged cheek kisses.

"Heimdall!" Loki got behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist as the flash of light zoomed down from the sky and took her home.

Back in the kitchen, we found the Avengers all hovering over a tub of cookies and cream ice cream with spoons. This should be good, Loki hadn't had ice cream yet.