Chapter 49

Loki's POV

The next morning, I was rudely awoken by a very angry Odin. He came barging through the doors, his face redder than I had ever seen it before.

"Get up."

"Is it something I have done?" He paused.

"No, for once, it is something your brother has done."

"Which is?"

"He brought his mortal here to the Realm Eternal!"

"He brought her here, why?"

"Because his heart is out of line."

"You mean it is not in the proper place in his body?" A sassy Mira sat up next to me, eyes half-closed and sleepy. Odin just growled.

"They're with the healers. I expect the two of you there now." He rushed out as fast as he could, granted that was not very fast but he slammed the doors shut behind him. I groaned, letting myself fall heavily back onto the bed, pulling Mira with me.

"Five more minutes."

"I thought you wanted nothing more than to see Thor reprimanded."

"Not at the cost of my sleep!"

"Now or not at all." I was pushed out of bed and she attempted to drag me to the closet but I stuck myself to the floor, making it impossible for her to move me. Mira growled and tugged harder on my arm and it was there that I saw the most perfect opportunity. The next time she put all of her strength into it, I cancelled out the spell, causing her to pull me about a foot before losing her balance and toppling over backwards.

"I hate you." She moaned, rubbing the back of her head.

"On the contrary Kitten, I know you love me."

"And I might just start to question that." She removed her hand from the back of her head and inspected it for blood and although I knew she was joking, I felt incredibly guilty.

"Ok, ok." I crawled over to her, worming my hand under hers and healing any ache or damage that was done, even though there was none to begin with. We sat there for a moment, her leaning against my bare chest.

"I'm sorry." I finally caved, kissing her head where she hit it, "It is far too early to deal with drama from my brother and father."

Mira's POV

At last. At long last. Loki had referred to Odin as his father. I nearly started crying because he had realized and accepted that not all father figures were related to him by blood.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, Loki, absolutely nothing."

We arrived at the healing hall just as Thor was 'informing' Odin that his girlfriend was sick.

"She is mortal!" Odin shot back, "Illness is their defining trait!"

"I brought her here because we can help her."

"She does not belong in Asgard anymore than a goat belongs at a banquet table!" The mortal sat up, wide awake and very insulted.

"Did he just–who do you think you are!?"

"I am Odin. King of Asgard. Protector of the Nine Realms."

"Oh. Well I'm–"

"I know very well who you are. Jane Foster." She had no reply for Odin so she turned to Thor.

"You told your dad about me?" Thor wasn't paying attention to her.

"Something is within her, father. Something I have not seen."