Chapter 80

House Chapter

We stayed in the pool for the rest of the day, until about sunset. Clint had gotten out about an hour before us to prepare dinner. Now, he was standing by the grill, making sure nothing burned. I had no idea what he was making, only that is was meat, that it smelled really good, and was making my stomach rumble.

"So what was that display about earlier?" I finally asked when we got out.

"With the kissing?"

"Yeah."

"When Stark first jumped in, the first place he looked when he surfaced, aside from Pepper of course, was us."

"So, you're jealous." I squeezed the water from my hair and Loki began patting his shoulders dry. Testing my theory from earlier, I decided to 'help' and rubbed a fresh towel against his back. Loki jumped forward, wincing.

"Perhaps there are too many chemicals in the water." I laughed.

"No, the chemicals are perfectly balanced. However, you are going to be red tomorrow."

"I am not!"

"And then your skin is going to peel off. I told you to put sunscreen on." I touched his back again with my hand and found it slightly warmer than my skin.

"You hand is cold."

"No, your back is warm. You spent too much time with it to the sun. And now you've been burnt." Loki twisted his head around.

"Not true, it is the same tone as the rest of my skin."

"It won't be tomorrow. Trust me next time." I put on a slip and skipped out.

After a quick shower, Loki and I joined the others on the ground floor while we waited for Clint to bring dinner in. There were already chopped vegetables and dip on the table, so I started snacking to curb the hunger.

"This substance is....rather strong." Loki dipped his finger in the dip and licked it off.

"Loki..." I gave him a carrot.

"Ah, this makes much more sense. And is surprisingly good!" My eyes snapped to the door where Clint came in carrying dinner.

"What is it?"

"Boneless barbecued ribs." My stomach rumbled.

The table was pretty much silent until I spoke.

"What do you guys want to do tomorrow?"

"Well, there's that ski place someone mentioned."

"Yes, it's a resort with a spa, a pool, and access to some of the best skiing territory in the state. I think it would be worth it to go."

"How do you know all about it and we don't?"
"When I was ordered to come here, I did some research on the area. That's also how I know that reservations have to be made at least twenty four hours in advance, so we can't go tomorrow."

"How far is it from here?"

"Two hours."

"So, we can book it now, have an early dinner tomorrow, drive down, get our skis, stay the night, and have a blast the next day. And those who don't want to ski can just stick around and go to the spa." Pepper got up.

"I'll call them now then. How many rooms do we want?"

"Well, let's assume two per room. Loki and I, you and Tony, Nat and Rose, Clint, Bruce, and Steve?" I looked at them for approval.

"Someone needs to stay and look after the kittens, they can't be left alone for that long. If we can't find a sitter, I can stay behind." Bruce offered, "But if we can, then I'm not opposed." The other two nodded."