Chapter 64

Loki was vehemently against leaving me for the whole day but in the end, he was outvoted. He would have no choice but to tag along since the majority of the others wanted to go. Bruce was willing to stay behind with Loki but the others protested. It was clear they didn't want to give him even a millimeter of freedom.

"I was hoping he would add a lab onto the house. I'd like to analyse Mira's necklace and since she won't part with it, we'll have to do it here. Besides, I don't want being here to set me behind on my latest project."

"I second that. I need a lab in every space I live in for more than a day so I can work on new suit designs." Of course he did.

"I won't mind staying behind. I want to get the lay of the land."

"Then I won't go either. I don't want to be the only guy."

"It's settled then. Mira and I will spend the day shopping and everyone else stays here."

"But don't forget she has to make dinner tonight." I groaned inwardly. This would ruin our plans.

"I'll trade with her! I am not getting up early tomorrow."

"Ok. Less work for me." Before Tony could protest, I hopped up, cleared my empty plate, and ran to the garage with Nat following at a slower pace. Loki chased after me, teleporting there and leaning against the side of the car when I entered.

"I'll be back tonight Loki."

"Please don't leave."

"I have to. I need newer clothes."

"The ones you are currently wearing are more than sufficient."

"But these are about the only ones. Please. It'll be fine. This will give us the chance to clear our heads."

"And it will also be the first time we are apart since...."

"Just tell Nat what happened and I'll be careful. You can trust her, Loki."

"He can trust who?" The Russian assassin was standing right behind me.

"Widow clad in Black, I must ask a favor."

"Depends on what that favor is."

"I need you to take care of Mira for me."

"Already planning on doing that."

"But you do not understand. She must be very careful."

"Loki, my only restrictions now are magic."

"I'll keep an eye on her." Nat promised. I went over to our car and she went over to Tony's.

"Wait, which one are we taking?"

"This one. I know the password. She punched something into the keypad on the driver's window and the doors opened automatically.

"Oook then." I was about to get in when Loki grabbed my arm.

"Please be careful."

"I will be. But I can't be mollycoddled forever. I need to spread my wings again." I pressed a kiss on the corner of his lips and shut the door before he could snatch anything more. The garage door opened and Nat zoomed out, punching in the address as she went and setting the car to self-drive mode. I looked back and saw Tony run past Loki.

"Hey! That's my car!" He went for our car but I locked it before he could touch the door handle. Unfortunately, we rounded a bend before I could see the furious look on the billionaire's face. Boy was he going to be pissed when he discovered his credit card was missing.