Chapter 9

My heart stopped. Fiancé? Loki had said nothing about being engaged! Sigyn turned to him.

"And you! What are you doing kissing that slut?! I thought you loved me!"

"Give it a rest Sigyn!"

"Give it a rest? Give it a rest?! We're to be married and you kissed another woman RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!   What else have you done?!" She looked at me, "She's probably already with child, isn't she?" I gasped. How dare she! I got to my feet, only to have her shove me down again. Normally, she wouldn't have been able to get me to move a step but my muscles were just too tired to resist.

"Listen here you! I had no idea Loki was engaged but you have no right to call me names to my face!"

"How dare you talk to me in such a manner!"

"Ha! I dare because–"

"Enough!" Frigga spoke up for the first time, "Sigyn, she speaks the truth, she did not know and she is not with child but you have not been entirely faithful either. How about you tell Loki about how you tried to seduce Thor the day Loki fell from the bridge?" Sigyn was speechless. Sleipnir growled.

"I never liked her. She's always been like this." Loki held out his hand.

"It's over Sigyn. The marriage is off and I say that for your act of disloyalty to me that you are banished from the palace grounds and stripped of your title. Give me the ring." Sigyn crossed her arms, hiding both hands in the folds of her dress.

"No."

"Sleipnir." He met eyes with him. Sleipnir understood whatever Loki was trying to convey and knocked Sigyn forward. Instinctively, she brought her hands out in front of her to protect herself. She was not at all graceful. Loki let her hit the ground before bending over and yanking a beautiful diamond ring off her left ring finger.

"You're dismissed." That's when I realized that I was still on the ground and had unspilled tears in my eyes from what Sigyn had said to me. Sigyn's jaw dropped but she didn't move at first. Sleipnir took a step towards her. That was all it took. Sigyn scrambled to her feet and ran. Loki handed the ring to Frigga.

"You did the right thing, my son."

"Destroy this and give the diamonds to a child in need. I want no memory of her spoiling my relationship with Mira." He walked over to me and picked me up in his arms.

"You can put me down, I'm alright."

"But you're not. I can see the hurt on your face Kitten." He placed me back on Sleipnir's back.

Sleipnir followed Loki to the stables where we left him with a stable hand. I had worked so hard to not cry and so far, I was succeeding. Why had he never told me of his engagement? Did he just want a way out? Was that all I was to him? An escape route? Tears welled up in my eyes once more as we walked into the palace. We didn't talk at all but I could feel him prodding at my mind.

"Mira, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you, she and I had a fight when I found out what I really was and I assumed she didn't want me anymore. I am so sorry." I didn't say anything to him. We stopped outside a set of large double doors.

"These are you chambers. Mine are right across the hall if you need anything. I'm sorry." I just entered the room and shut the door behind me.

Loki's POV

The doors shut with a hollow thud. What had I done? I could've at least warned her about Sigyn but I hadn't. I screamed internally. I just wished I could go back in time and change this. Now I'd probably lost her forever. I went into my own room where I fell onto my bed and cried into my pillow.