sunlight,

1.

The first thing he noticed was the sunlight filtering in through the pulled back curtains. They were a dark blue color, unusual for a hotel room. Nevertheless, it did add to the ambience of the whole room.

Jordan briefly wondered who had pulled the curtains back.

2.

There was a lingering warmth from the spot his arm was resting on. He rolled into the quickly cooling spot, trying to preserve the heat that had once been next to him. The pillow on that side was already cool.

Jordan couldn't remember who had been sleeping next to him.

3.

He hugged the cool pillow closer to his face and took in a deep breath. A soft smile appeared on his face when the familiar scent hit him. It was the first time that luck was on his side in the case of waking up in a hotel room alone.

Jordan couldn't wait to greet his bed partner.

4.

The sound of the shower interrupted his thoughts of what had occurred the night before. A second later tuneless singing filled the air as it always did when his bed partner sang. He was reminded that this would be their normal soon enough.

Jordan couldn't help but join his bed partner in the shower.

____________________________________________________

Hullo, friends (again)! How goes it?

For anyone who didn't enjoy the Kiingfearless chapter.

Also, thank you for all the kind comments on "the wars of roses,"(?)!

Hope you enjoyed this one.

I have a new book coming out! Any guesses as to what it is??

-gee