#13 Page 250 plot twist

(WARNING: Most of these paragraphs are from the actual book The death cure, all rights go to James Dashner. PAGE 250 PLOT TWIST)

You, Thomas, Lawrence and the pilot all sat in the van as it zipped past cranks of all sorts. Women, Men.... little kids.... You saw a few cranks hiding in vehicles, peeking out the windows as if they were waiting to spring a trap. Lawerence turned off after a mile or two, then headed down a long, straight highway that led to one of the gates of the walled city.

They'd gone about three miles when Lawrence started to slow the vehicle "what in the world?" He murmured.

You didnt bother to look behind you, knowing that there was something odd to make your stomach churn. You still couldnt get over the fact he was gone, Newt was gone, your boyfriend was gone and if he wasnt dead then he was crazy. Which is worse?

All of a sudden you heard the sound of a gun loading and you looked up, Thomas was holding a gun to Lawrence.

Lawrence threw his hands up in the air "Whoa, Kid. Calm down! What is wrong with you?"

Thomas backed away from him. "I saw my friend out there - i want to see if he's okay. If any trouble starts, i'll run back to the van. Just be ready to get us out of here when i do"

"You think that thing out there is still your friend?" The pilot asked.

You didnt care who it was. You just stayed in the van while Thomas slowly, walked towards someone you couldnt see. You didnt want to see. You sat there, tears threatening to poor out of your eyes as you remembered Newt. You remembered being in the glade, being the only girl in the glade. You remembered loving Newt and you remembered Newt loving you.

you remembered one time, you were working your job as a med jack in the homestead but everyone was at a meeting so you were all alone. Newt had skipped the meeting to meet you there and when he saw you he didn't say anything, he just pressed his lips to yours and soon enough you were on one of the beds, underneath newts bare body.

You smiled slightly, a tear ran down your cheek and you quickly wiped it away.

Suddenly you jolted your head towards Lawrence who had just shot at Thomas and whoever he was seeing.

All in a quick flash, You saw newt.

Newt looked horrible. His hair had been torn out in patches, leaving bald spots that were nothing more than red welts. Scratches and bruises covered his face; his shirt was ripped, barely hanging on to his thin frame, and his pants were filthy with grime and blood. It was like he'd finally given into the Cranks, joined their ranks fully.

You immediately jumped out of the van, running towards Thomas and Newt.

Newt was on top of Thomas, pinning him down to the ground. "I should rip your eyes out" Newt said, spraying thomas with spit. "Teach you a lesson in stupidity. Why'd you come over here huh? You expected a bloody hug? huh? A nice sit-down to talk about the good times in the glade?" Thomas just shook his head, gripped by terror, very slowly reaching for his gun with his free hand."You wanna know why i have this limp, Tommy? Did i ever tell you? No, i dont think i did" Newt continued spitting his words, he didnt see you of course.

"What happened?" Thomas asked, stalling for time. He slipped his fingers around the weapon.

"I tried to kill myself in the Maze. Climbed halfway up one of those bloody walls and jumped right off. Alby found me and dragged me back to the Glade right before the doors closed. I hated the place, Tommy. I hated every second of every day. and it was all.... your.... fault!" Newt suddenly tried to twist the gun to his head but before he had the chance too you butted in.

"Newt stop!" You pushed him off Thomas, gently so Thomas could get up. Thomas stumbled back beside you while newt sat on the pavement staring up at you a meter away.

Newt stared at you, a sudden clarity filling his eyes. He was reminded of all the times in the glade, the scorch.. He remembered the first time you kissed, the first time you made love, the first time you fell in love.

Tears began to well up in your eyes, hoping that they would go away but they didnt. "Thomas go back to the van" You said still staring at newt, you reached over to Thomas's hand before he left and took the cold heavy gun from him. Thomas just nodded knowingly, then he left.

You kneeled down so you were in front of newt, Staring into his warm brown eyes.

Newt didnt move, he watched you, taking note of every action you did. Tears began to well up in Newts face and he didnt hold them back, tears slowly dripped down his delicate face. You hated seeing Newt like this, you couldnt stand it.

you didnt care if he hurt you, if he jumped at you, you just wanted to feel something, one last time. You put a hand on his cheek, gently rubbing your thumb against his still soft skin. You leaned closer, gently pressing your lips to his.

You see, everything about Newt had changed. Everything, except his lips. His lips were still a soft pink and they were still warm. That made you smile slightly for a split second, but it soon went away. You felt tears running down your cheeks but they weren't your tears, they were Newts.

You pulled away slowly, your hot breath running down his cold face and chest.

"Kill me" He whispered gently, tears rushing down his face. Newt didnt need to say anything else, you clung onto him, laying your head on his chest crying as you did. You cried, your tears soaking his shirt, he cried as well, holding you there, not wanting you to go.

You see the thing is, he didnt want to be crazy, but that wasnt the reason he wanted to be killed. He couldn't, he wouldn't, live without you. He refused to, if he had to live in a world of torture, pain and sadness then he wanted you beside him, though you didnt deserve anything that happened to you. But he couldnt live without you.

He loved you.

The hug seemed to last forever until you finally pulled away, wiping all your tears. You slowly placed the gun on Newts chest. Knowingly, he nodded.

He kissed your forehead gently and stared at you after that. All you could do was stare, you quickly grabbed his face and slammed your lips to his for the last time. He cried into the kiss as you pulled away and stood up slowly, His hand still holding yours.

As you walked away, keeping your eyes connected with his, your hands slipped from each others grip.

You then turned away and ran back to the van quickly, you jumped in and wiped your tears, saving them for a time that you were alone.

and all so suddenly, you heard a BANG.and then,

that was it.

__________________

Hey guys. Tell me what you thought of this one in the comments please and thank you!

Vote, Comment and follow me!

DONT FORGET TO REQUEST STORY PLOTS'

Search everything