#30 Runaway

The undeniable fact that your in love, it sucks.

You know you're in love, but you don't want to be. and yet, you have no control over what you want.

The fear of being in love is just as horrible and scarring as the fear of being alone. Days and weeks and months and years went by, you never had a spark of intuition, you never knew love.

A loveless life seemed normal, it seemed human.

Love couldn't possibly be human. Sure, the other emotions such as anger, sadness, happiness... well they were all normal.

But love was something impossible, it felt like something that could never be cured.

There was no chemical you could mix to stop that feeling, there was no vitamin you could take to get rid of the butterflies inside of your stomach whenever you saw his face.

 You couldn't stop it. There was no way  to stop it.

So you avoided it, You avoided the over powering feeling of love. But soon enough, it ate you whole, swallowing every bit of pride you ever had, every spark of self worth you had ever felt.

Suddenly you began to worry about things that didn't matter, you began to worry about your weight, your hair, your makeup and you worried about what you wore. You worried about what he thought.

All your life you didn't care, you could get up and shrug that spark of insecurity off. Not now. Not ever again.

Because once love took control of you, it wouldn't let you go.

It wouldn't let you runaway.