#76 Christmas Eve

It was a snowy, cold night. The wind carried the chill of the evening but the excitement of the children. Packed inside their houses with family and friends, waiting till morning to open all the gifts that were cluttered under the tree.

You happened to be the one hosting the party this year, well.. You and Thomas. He was your boyfriend and you guys had moved in together less then 8 months ago. It was a fairly new change but you loved it. 

This year, you had a bunch of friends and family over to your small townhouse in London. Thomas was home for Christmas this year, which was extremely exciting since he hadnt been around for the last 2. But he still had to leave on boxing day which meant he wouldn't be there for New Years. 

You missed Thomas a lot, it seemed like he was always gone; you hated it.

"Y/N? you alright" Your friend asked you, a big smile on her face slightly fading. 

"huh?" You snapped out of your little day dream and nodded. "oh yeah- i'm fine." You smiled kindly, sinking into your boyfriend who was sat beside you on the couch. 

Thomas looked down at you. "You sure?" He smiled slightly, rubbing your arm. 

"Yeah" You smiled looking back and up at him. "I'll tell you about it later." 

"Alright" He chuckled and continued on talking with the people in the room. You engaged into the conversation as much as you could but something just kept you from talking; your thoughts.

Later that night, once the people you used to laugh and talk with were gone and all that was left to do, was clean.. Thomas came downstairs.

"Well that was fun" He said smiling, picking up some glasses and placing them in the sink. 

"Yep" You smiled back, not saying much more.

"So uh.." He hesitated. "What was the thing you were going to tell me about?" He continued to clean, picking up plastic cups and throwing nonsense into the trash. 

"oh i was just thinking" You said wiping down the counter, sighing happily since the mess was almost gone completely. 

"about?" 

"You leaving.." You shrugged and looked down, trying not to be sad. You didnt want to be, but you couldnt help feeling like he was gonna be gone forever.

"Why?" He stopped, putting down the plastic cups and walking closer to you. 

"because i dont want you to" You sighed. "i wish you could stay.." You put down the cloth and wrapped your arms around him, hugging him tightly. 

He held onto you tightly, rubbing your back. "i know.." He sighed. "i wish i could stay... but i'll be back before you realize i even left." 

You didnt believe what he said, because it wasnt true. "..... how long are you going to be gone?" 

He sighed quietly. "4 months.. Maybe less depending on if i can get a break" 

"4 months?" You pulled away, looking up at him. He had never been gone that long, the longest he had ever gone was for 2 months and you thought that was bad..

He just nodded, looking into your eyes. "but hey, dont worry about it. We still have tonight and all day tomorrow. Cmon, lets make this night one to remember" He smirked cheekily, gently grabbing your hand and tugging you towards your bedroom. 

You just laughed and followed, smiling happily. 

You loved him and for now, you still had him. You had to enjoy him while you could. 

This was gonna be a hard 4 months.

_________________

You can pick now, theres 2 options for a part two. One, Christmas day. and Two, they say goodbye to each other at the airport. 

Comment below!