SUN RISE

It was Thursday the 10th of December and the sun had not  came over LA that morning quite yet and I was woken up by Annalee at 6 in the morning.

"Maddie, lets go do something", Annalee said pulling me up in bed.

"Like what?", I asked. "Its 6 in the morning no ones gonna be up",.

"Lets umm go outside and sit, Ian is out there waiting", Annalee said.

"Why?", I asked.

"Just get up and put on a hoodie or something because its a little chilly, I have to go finish making some hot coco so come down when your ready", Annalee said walking out of my bedroom.

It was way to early for this but I knew I needed to get up now so I would not spend another 3 hours in bed. I got up and slipped on my blue hoodie that went with my black sweat pants and put on my #selfie hat on my head. I put on two layers of socks and hen slipped down stairs where I saw Annalee struggling to hold three cups of hot chocolate.

"Here let me get that", I said taking two mugs out of her han.

"Thanks, come on Ian must be getting cold", Annalee said as she slid open the porch door and we stepped out side to the sort of chilly air.

"Morning Maddie", Ian said from his place of his chair looking in to the horizon.

"Morning Ian", I said handing Ian a mug and sitting in one of the two chairs next to him as Annalee sat next to me.

"When I was back in my foster home I use to wake up early and watch the sun rise", Ian said smiling.

"I could never make it because most days I would be only focused on sleeping for school days", I said.

"Weekends?", Annalee asked.

"No, but I just never was interested", I said taking a sip of my hot cocoa. "I did spend weekends with friends looking at stars at night",.

"Cool", Ian said. 

"Ian what were your parents like?", Annalee said changing the topic.

"Normal, my mom was a nurse and my dad worked for the air force", Ian said grinning.

"Oh", Annalee said. "Do you ever miss them?",.

"Some times no but at night I do, my mom use to work long hours and since my dad was in Afghanistan I would spend long hours alone with my cat", Ian replied. "But since I'm with you I don't feel sad anymore",.

We talked for a while or what seemed to be about a hour. Then my pocket buzzed once but Ian nor Annalee noticed. I looked at my phone and saw this:

MARK: awe, u guys are so cute as you all sit out there in the cold!

I smiled at the text and turned around and looked at the glass door to see mark waving at me. I waved back and then turned back around. We watched the sunrise and sat out there more. The guys woke up one at a time and Jack came out side and sat with us as everyone woke up. Today was okay I think.