I.Love.You. | Vobi (Part2)

Ship: vobi 
Relationship: Friends
Genre: Angst
Prompt: None, just my ramblings
Continuation of SDMNPack's request (Fluff is coming soon I swear)
A/N: Not Edited
(Look at Vik in the picture... He so smol.)
I know there are mistakes in the texts, they are hard to edit and the one I was using was glitching and I just left them cause I was getting frustrated.
A/N: so I'm sick... It sucks but I am. I'm trying to get through requests, but it'll take awhile.
------------------------------------
~Simon's POV~

Vik is devastated. That much I can tell. He's still running. We are out of the school now and running towards the park.

"Vik! Please! Stop!"

Man, he can run.

"Running isn't going to solve anything!"

He slightly stumbles and that gives me the chance to catch up to him. I pull him into a hug and lift him off the ground so he can't run again.

"Simon?"

"Hmm?"

He starts struggling, but I just wrap my arms tighter. He sighs after a moment and goes limp, softly sobbing into my shoulder.

"Come on Vik. Let's go sit down."

I lug him over as he's still limp and won't move. I sit us down and just rub his back. His sobs slowly dissipate and eventually are reduced to sniffles.

"Vik? Can you tell me why the sight of Tobi is making you freak out?"

His face looks torn. Fear and worry laced with a hope for understanding. He tugs his phone from his pocket and opens up his messaging. He opens up a conversation with a 'Savannah Bunting' He shakily hands me the phone after scrolling to the beginning of the conversation. I look at him curiously.

"Read it."

Vik had started crying again as I read through the messages

Vik had started crying again as I read through the messages. I pulled him into my side. He snuggled in and continues sobbing.

"I'm so sorry Vik."

He sniffles and looks up at me.

"The world hates me doesn't it?"

His eyes are red and glossy. His face has trail marks where his tears have gone.

"No it doesn't Vik"

"Yes. It. Does.  Not only did I help one of the snobbiest girls in our years get a boyfriend, it just so happened to be the one person I like romantically Simon. So yes the world does hate me."

Ethan had joined us on the bench. He already looked solemn when he approached so I think he already knew.

"Vik."

Ethan speaks softly and gently. Vik looks to him and nods for him to continue.

"I know you are upset, but I need to lay it out for you."

"Go ahead. It can't be avoided."

"Tobi is 100% dating her. I did ask around about her before I came out here, though. She goes through guys like tissues. She uses them, Vik. So we need to try to protect Tobi as much as we can."

Vik had started crying again and snuggled even further into my side.

"It's just not fair! Tobi doesn't deserve this."

"There's nothing we can do Vik. We just have to be there to catch him when he falls. Can you do that Vik?"

"I think I can."

The bell rings then and we all stand. Ethan gives Vik a hug and I join in.

"Let's go to first period."

~Few Weeks Later~

~Vik's POV~

It hurts so much. It's been about three weeks since Tobannah became a thing. We all hate the ship name that Savannah came up with. She drags Tobi away from us the moment he gets to school. I think I've said two words to him in the past week. We are all scared for Tobi.

Ethan and Simon have been my support. It's not uncommon for me to go to one of their houses and just cry. Cry for Tobi. Cry for me. Cry for what could have been and what is. Both of them are trying so hard to cheer me up. They even got Josh to come over one time to help. I'll put on a smile and say I'm fine, but deep down... I'm not.

I ache. I feel so tired all the time. Every time I see the 'happy' couple, my heart breaks and my chest tightens. Simon or Ethan will usually pull me away because they've figured out when I'm about to breakdown. I wish I could control it, but I can't. I hate myself for that. My parents always said I wear my heart on sleeve and look how true that statement is now.

I walk slowly down the hallway and see Tobi with his arm draped around Savannah. Tobi looks up and sees me. I quickly turn away and try to make it out into the lobby. With luck, I  can find one of the guys and avoid Tobi. No such luck. My arm is pulled backward and I gasp as my books and papers fly everywhere. I whip around, ready to chew out who ever did that. My words die in my throat as I stare into the eyes of the one I fell in love with.

"Tobi?"

"Hey, Starboy."

The nickname washes through me and I take a stuttery breath. Oh, how I miss him calling me that.

"Vik... I need to talk to you, but not here."

He begins pulling me away from the mess. I see Simon and motion to my things. He gives me a thumbs up as I disappear around the corner. The space becomes dark as Tobi leads me to the janitor's closet. My breath quickens a bit as I begin to, for the first time in my life, feel claustrophobic.

"Tobi? Why are we he-"

Lips are pressed to mine heatedly, killing my sentence. Confusion, fear, but most of all love, flow through me. I cautiously kiss back, my lip moving against Tobi's in a slow but deliberate way. His hands move under my shirt and I shiver. I move my hands to his shoulders as well as lightly trail them up his chest. He bites lightly on my lip and I gasp. He takes that moment to deepen the kiss and I can feel myself melting. One of his hands moves a bit downward and that jars me from my haze. I push him back a bit in warning. He stops and looks at me lovingly. He strokes my cheek and I lean into it.

"Tobi? What was that?"

He sighs and scratches the back of his head.

"Vik... Please don't freak out."

I nod. He moves closer to me and quickly kisses me.

"I" Kiss."Love." Kiss."You."

A long and drawn out kiss follows his last word. My heart soars. Tobi loves me. Unexpectedly, he pulls back and moves towards the door. He looks at me, guilt being the dominant emotion on his face.

"But we can't be together."

He leaves and I sink to the ground. I quickly text Ethan to come get me, because, for the second time, Tobi has broken my heart. I promised that I would catch Tobi when he falls... But who would catch me?