Loving You | Perc'ildan

Ship: Perc'ildan

Relationship: Dating

Genre: Angst 

Prompt: Sentence Prompt from Tumblr

"I don't want to stop loving you."

A/N: these guys are from Critical Role, sorry it's not Sidemen. Also, partially made up scenario.

Drawing done by doodle graveyard on Tumblr

(For a bit of background, Silas aka Lord Briarwood has the ability to control people.)

----------

~Percy's POV~

"Vax! Don't you dare! We almost lost you at Uriel's, we aren't losing you now."

"Relax Percival. Stealth is my specialty. They won't know I'm there."

"They did last time."

I turn back to my forge, hoping the work will block out my emotions, and more importantly Vax.

"Percy."

I say nothing and swing the hammer down with much more force than necessary. Sparks fly off and I wince as they land on my clothes, thankfully they don't catch.

"Percival."

Again I strike the metal, bending the hot substance into a shape, any shape. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. I just know working keeps Vax away. The forge too hot for the elf to handle.

"Darling, please. You're smoking."

I tense at the nickname, but also look down in fear that I had failed to notice sparks catching. I see nothing smoking and that's when I realize the ploy. I react too late, the hammer is ripped from my hand and I'm pulled away from the forge. Landing on the bench, I grunt in pain. An annoyed elf gets in my face then.

"Percival. Look at me right now. Don't shut me out, Darling."

My eyes meet his and I feel the beginning of tears form.

"It's your home, Percy. We are fighting for your home. You drew the maps. I know where to hide. I'll be okay. I won't get too close. It's just to see what we are up against. I won't let them get me."

A sob breaks loose from my throat now. Vax pulls my face into his neck and cuddles me.

"I-I can't l-lose you V-Vax! Especially not to them. I've already lost so much to them."

"You won't darling. I promise."

~Time Skip~

~Third Person POV~

"Remember, there's a hidden door here that can get you out. Do not hesitate to go there. The slightest bit of something wrong and you go here. I mean it Vax, one sign an-"

"Darling, stop your fussing. I know."

"Yeah, Percy. Vax will be okay."

The rest of Vox Machina voices their reassurances to an anxiety-ridden Percy. Vax hugs his beloved close and kisses his forehead.