When We Were Kids | Minishaw

Ship: Minishaw

Relationship: Varies

Genre: Fluff 

Prompt: Person A likes person B since they were little kiddos. The main chunk of the story is a flashback to a sleepover A had at B's house when they were teens and first admitted feelings for each other. The last paragraph or so is A and B exchanging wedding vows. (Prompt by UmbreTheWriter )

Ship requested by the bae bri_leon823 <3

A/N: Unedited (Just over two thousand words... Holy crap!)

-------------

~No One's POV~

A breeze rolled through the park

A breeze rolled through the park. Everyone stirred with excitement. The groomsmen and bridesmaids wait at the front. One groom waits under the gazebo. Birds chirp quietly, adding a nice ambiance to the event. Music starts and everyone turns. A little girl walks down the pathway, tossing petals as she goes. She reaches the gazebo and runs to the two groomsmen whose hands are intertwined. Everyone chuckles, but quickly stop when the music changes. Every person stands and turns towards the top of the path. There the other groom stands, tear-faced, but smiling ear-to-ear. They make their way down the path, eventually reaching the standing groom. Hands enfold each other and they turn towards the officiant.

"Friends, we have joined here today to share with Simon and Harry, an important moment in their lives. In their time together, they have seen their love and understanding of each other grow and blossom and now they have decided to live out the rest of their lives as one. "

"Daddy! Uncle Si and Uncle Haz are almost married!"

"Shh, sweetie. Listen."

Laughter rings out from the audience and the wedding party. Simon winks at the little girl. She squeals and hides her face in her dad's jacket. The officiant gestures to the groom's interlaced hands.

"These are the hands of your partner, young and strong and full of love, holding your hands as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours as together you build your future. These are the hands that will hold you and comfort you in grief and uncertainty. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes, tears of sorrow and joy. These are the hands that will hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength. And these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch."

Everyone awes and a couple people are sniffing.

"Now these two gentlemen have decided to write their own vows. I'll leave it to you two to decide who goes first."