I'm Your Bestest Friend

I was on my way to the Downey household, when suddenly on the radio the song "Live To Rise" started to play. I rolled my eyes. "Dammit, I can't get away from this man." I thought. Everywhere I went, something reminded me of him. If Iron Man wasn't on T.V, Sherlock Holmes was. If he wasn't in commercials, they had Iron Man coffee cups at Target. Every little thing reminded me of him.

It wasn't that I didn't love him, because I did. We have always been close even before he was famous. My dad was close friends with him and since they were younger. I am the only child of our family, and ever since my mother passed away when I was 5, my dad would lean on Robert for help with me. And when we got back on our feet, Robert ended up with us for a while. He could count on my dad when he needed help and vice versa.  Robert was like my second father. But a cooler one. Not that I don't love my Dad but Robert always let me go to set with him, movie premieres, parties, you name it. He acted as if I was his own.

The thing is, when I was about 15, I realized I had a little crush on him. I always put it out of my head because I was too young for him and he is my Dad's best friend. Plus, He is married and happy with Susan. But I can't tell you how many times my hormones were so crazy I would have kissed him. I still have those types of feelings for him, even if I am now 19 years old now. I just ignore them, and have calmed down now because I sure as hell know we will never ever be together like that.

I pulled up to the security gate and punched in the code. Then I pulled up to the driveway and parked my car. I had a Mini Cooper, which I named Coop. It wasn't the most luxurious car, but hey, it was mine, my baby. 

I went to the back to the ranch to feed the animals, and I made sure they were well. I then went into the house a checked everything. There were dishes in the sink so I decided to wash them. It was the least I could do for them since they treat me so well.

As I was in the middle of scrubbing the grease off a pan, I could hear someone singing "Wonderful Wonderful" by Johnny Mathis. I rolled my eyes and smiled and turned to see Robert walking in cradling Exton. He then blew on Exton's tummy and they both were giggling. "Good Afternoon, Noie." Robert said kissing the top of my head. "What are you doing here? I didn't need your help today sweetie." he said. I did work around the house a couple times a week, I was like their family friend/housesitter/babysitter/whatever they needed me for. And they always payed me, even though I told them not to because they are like my family but they always insist. "It's okay, I wanted to check on the animals, plus I came in here to tidy up for you guys." I said smiling. "Okay, suit yourself. I just thought you would rather spend some time with your friends." I laughed. "What friends? I have no friends." I replied. He pouted. "Yeah you do, I'm your friend, one of the bestest friends you will ever have." He looked down at Exton. "And you're her friend too, right Exton?" Exton smiled showing the few teeth he had. "See? We love you." Robert said with a big grin. "Why don't you stay here and hang with us for the day? Susan's at work, and I have some time of before I start filming again.

I took out my phone and pretended to go thru it. "Well, it looks like I am free today." I said smiling. "Yay!" Robert shouted. "What should we do?"