The Downey Party

He acted as if nothing happened on the Ferris wheel, which I was relived about. I can't see anything happening between us. I mean he's married and he is my dads best friend, it just seems wrong. 

We ended up going back to his house because Exton was being really fussy and needed to take his nap.  As we got back to the house I got out of the car and thanked Robert for the day and was making my way to Coop to go back to my house  when I heard Robert yelling my name. 

"Noel?!" he shouted. I turned around to face him. "Yeah?" 

"You can spend the night if you want to." 

I can already feel there was some sort of tension between us lately, I don't think it would be a good idea to stay.

 "No thanks, I have to get home, I have so things to do." 

He laughed. "Like what?"

"You know I have other friends besides you."

He gave me that "give me a break" type of look.

I rolled my eyes. 

"Shut up."

He was kinda right. I didn't have many friends. Funny how when you grow up in the rich part of Hollywood, know a bunch of famous people and still don't have many friends. 

Just as I was thinking that another SUV came pulling up. Out came Susan. She was wearing a nice outfit, it looked like it was Chanel or Gucci. I was wearing Forever 21. I didn't really spend much money even though I had some. Well it isn't my money, It is my dads. I was never really into designer clothing I thought it was unnecessary. I've been through two fast food jobs because I didn't want to take my families money and I know that you have to work hard for what you have and that's when I decided to stop wasting money. 

"Hey Noel, hey baby." she said to us while walking up to Robert and kissing him. "Whatcha guys doing?" she asked. Robert told her about what we did and I just nodded my head and started going back to my car.

 "Bye guys, goodnight." I said to them. Susan waved and said goodnight back to me while holding onto Robert. Robert just stood there dumbfounded, slowly waving at me. 

As I got home I went up to my room to take a shower, my dad wasn't home, as always it seems lately. Matter of fact he was barely home anymore. He is probably blowing away his money somewhere.My dad and I had a good relationship until I this year when I turned 19, he got back into his drugs. He had a problem before but once Robert fixed himself he did too. But I don't know why he decided to start doing them again. I never told Robert otherwise he would have taken him to rehab. Not that I didn't try to take him, but after the second time I decided to just let him go. He swore he was fine, until I found a baggy of coke in his drawer when I was looking for some scissors. I never brought it up to him again, because if I did I would get the same answer I always got. "I'm fine its just a little bit I can control myself." In my heart I know that's not true. I will let him do what he wants to do, he is going to do whatever he wants anyway.

 As I got out of the shower, I looked at myself in the mirror. He doesn't want you Noel, you're are not good enough for him. You never will be. I thought to myself as a tear slowly trickled down my cheek. I got into my PJ's and jumped into bed. I am honestly really stressed. My dad is in his habits again and I have barely any friends and I have feelings for a man I have no chance with.

I fell asleep dreaming of life would be like if I was Mrs. Downey.

The next morning I got up and my phone had 5 unread messages. All from Robert. At least he thinks about me enough to text me. I smiled. "Are you okay?" "You still coming to the party tonight?" "We really want you here." blah blah blah. They were hosting a party tonight and everyone in Hollywood was gonna be there. I don't know what exactly the party was for though, maybe just because they are rich and famous? Who knows. 

I decided I would go, and I was going to ignore Robert the whole night. I don't want to feed into my feelings for him more. I will go just because I needed the pick me up. I got showered and did a whole spa treatment on my skin to make sure I looked "Hollywood" for tonight. I went to my closet and picked out a skintight red dress that showed alot of cleavage and made my curves stand out. I never dressed like this before, I was always the girl that lived in jeans and hoodies, but tonight I'll make a exception. I looked at myself in the mirror. "Holy fuck, I look hot." I laughed at myself. I should dress like this more often. I didn't own any heels, so I settled for some nice black flats. I curled my hair and put on alot of makeup. I looked like a hooker, but a classy one. 

I grabbed my things and walked down stairs to see my dad wasn't home again. He was probably getting hammered at a bar or fucking some girl. My dad has been getting really bad lately, I never even see him anymore. And when I do he is either drunk or with some girl. 

I made my way to the Downey's house and saw that they had valet. I already saw a bunch of celebrities there. I saw Gwyneth, I saw Johnny Depp, I saw Leonardo DiCaprio, and a bunch of others. I wasn't star struck or anything, because I have met them all at least twice, and they new who I was. I walked into the house, getting stares at everyone and I went straight to the bar. I asked for some shots. I know I am underage, but here in Hollywood, no one gives a shit. I downed the shots, feeling a burning sensation in my throat. I couldn't find Robert or Susan anywhere. 

I scoped out the room looking for them when this man came up to me. I have never seen him before. "Hey there baby girl, I've never seen you before, you a newbie actress or something?" he asked me. I rolled my eyes at him. "No, I am a family friend." I told him. "Oh really?" he asked me. "Yup." I told him trying to shake him off. "Does baby girl have a name?" he asked me. "Does creeper have a name?" I asked him while taking another shot. "Ah a feisty one. The name is John." he told me. "Noel." I told him. "Cute, I like that, "Noel". " he said. "So did you want something, uh John?" I asked him. "Actually, yes. I was wondering if you wanted to try the stuff I got?" he asked me. "Stuff?" I asked him while raising my eyebrow. "Yeah, you know like dope, or whatever you kids call it nowadays." I looked at him puzzled. Was he asking me if I wanted to try drugs?! I thought to myself. Then I thought a little more. I was feeling rebellious, I was emotionally depressed I thought why the fuck not?

"Show me what you got." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed. Also, the title of this chapter made me think of "The Donner Party" hahahaha. No? I know I have a bad sense of humor.