Adeline

"Smile, though your heart is aching

Smile even though its breaking

When there are clouds in the sky,

You'll get by

If you smile,

Through your fear and sorrow

Smile, and maybe tomorrow

You'll see the sun come shining through

For you.."

I saw Robert's eyes light up. He could feel the baby kicking. He was singing to our baby girl with both his hands on my stomach. I love this man.

"She can hear me." He said looking up at me, smiling that perfect Downey smile.

"She loves you already as much as I do." I said, putting my finger under his chin, bringing him up for a kiss.

He pecked me softly and smiled into it.

It was a new year now, and everything is going perfectly. My leg is better. Robert and I's relationship is great. The baby is healthy. His family and I get along perfectly. And we were getting married a couple months from now.

"We have to come up with a name for my baby girl." He suggested.

"I know, but it is so hard."

Then I remebered the names I wrote down in my Journal when I was a teenager.

I got up and waddle like a penguin to the closet, and looked through a box of my old things. After digging through it, I finally found it, and went back to the room and laid down on the bed, next to Robert.

He looked at me confused.

"What is that?"

I smiled. "Its my old journal, I remeber I wrote a bunch of baby names I was about seventeen."

He laughed.

"Hey! It's not funny."

"I'm not laughing because it is funny, I am laughing because you are so cute."

I smiled and opened the book.

"Celine, Christina, Christine, Faith, Ariana, Adeline, Alayna, Alision, Ariel,..." I was saying all the names until he stopped me.

"Oh, oh. Adeline I really like that name, its beautiful.' He smiled.

"Yeah, I love that name. But now we need a middle name."

"How about Noel?" He smirked at me.

"She needs her mothers name." He suggested, still a cute smirk on his face

"Adeline Noel Downey. I like it." I smiled.

"Adeline Noel Downey." Robert repeated after me. Smiling as well.

"Wow, this is becoming more and more real. We are having a baby and getting married. Could it get any better?" He asked, looking at me and moving a stray peice of my hair behind my ear.

"I don't think it can." I whispered.

Later that day, we were making plans for the wedding, calling catering services, flower companies, invitation makers, you name it. I didn't want a wedding planner. It wouldn't be as special. I wanted to make the plans myself with my husband to be and family.

I was sitting at the table, writing down numbers when Robert came up behind me and put his arms around me, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Look baby, I think we should get invitations from here, they make them custom and they look beautiful." I said, pointing to the laptop screen in front of me.

He nodded and closed the laptop.

"I think you have been working hard enough honey. Why don't you come lay down." He suggested, lightly planting small kisses on my neck.

I closed my eyes. "Okay."

I followed him to our room, and laid down on the bed, closing my eyes. I was so tired. Being pregnant makes you tired even if you don't do anything.

He crawled next to me, and started kissing my neck again, but rougher, and he started sucking on it.

I squirmed a bit. "What are you doing?" I asked sleepily.

He ignored me, lightly pulling on my shirt.

"Babe, I thought you wanted me to lay down." I complained.

He looked up at me, his eyes were sparkly. "You.. you don't want to?" He asked with a slight pout.

I sighed. "Its not that I don't want to babe, I really do. But look at me." I said, motioning to my huge 4 and a half month baby bump.

"Babe you are perfect." He said, going to kiss my neck again.

I lightly pushed him off.

"I just think it would be weird. I mean I'm pregnant. What if it hurts the baby?"

He sighed. "Babe, it is perfectly safe to have sex while pregnant."

I looked at him for a bit.

"You sure you won't mind my stomach?" I asked.

"Of course I don't." He smiled.

I sighed. "Okay." I whispered.

He went back to sucking on my neck, and he removed his shirt. Followed by mine. Soon, both of our clothing was off and on the floor.

He lowered his kisses to my collarbone, then to my breasts, massaging them before lineing himself up to me and entering with a groan.

I gasped. "Robert.." I said with worry.

He kept going in slowly. "Uh, What's wrong babe?" He asked confused.

"I don't like this. I don't think I can do this. It doesn't feel right."

He sighed and got off of me.

"You've never said that before. Is it, is it me?" He asked worried.

"No, no, honey, its not you. Its definitely not you." I sighed. "It's me. I just find it weird because of the baby. I know its safe, it just worries me. An this huge stomach of mine. It's just. I'm not comfortable. I'm sorry." I looked at him, with sorry planted on my face.

He looked down playing with his hands.

"Don't be mad at me please, Are you mad at me?"

He looked up and smiled. "No honey, I understand what you mean. I could never be mad at a beauty like you. If you are not comfortable with it, I don't mind. I don't want you to be uncomfortable. What kind of fiancé would I be if I did that to you?" He asked,kissing my cheek.

I nodded and slightly smiled, I felt bad, and he could sense it.

He looked up at me, his eyes sparkling again. "Hey, remember. I love you. No matter what." He said, smiling.

I giggled. "I love you too."

We both cuddled for a bit before he fell asleep, with his hand on my tummy. As usual.

Wow, If he can go without sex for a while, he must really love me. I thought to myself, chuckling a bit. This is why I am marrying this man. He is perfect. We are perfect. I thought, looking at his cute sleeping face, and kissing it lightly before slowly falling to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 or more comments for next chapter.

How do you all like the babys name? It is pronouced "Adele lin" if you didn't already know. I know its a little different, but I think it sounds good. Anyway, Thanks for reading, and as always, please comment and vote to keep my fish afloat. I love you all. And btw, thanks so much for 22 k reads. I mean, my god. I never thought people would actually like reading my story. I give you guys much love from my heart to yours. :)

Kik:heyitsxtina Instagram:theloveofdowney