Wake Up Call

"Mr. Downey, we are sorry. We couldn't save her." The doctor said as best as he could. I fell to my knees, crying.

"Robert. Robert? Wake up. Wake up."

I heard a woman say, and I felt shaking to my shoulder.

I opened my eyes to Susan.

Oh thank god it was just a nightmare.

"You were making noises in your sleep. Like you were crying. Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

"Yeah, just a bad dream."

She nodded. "Well, I just want to let you know I will be spending the night with Exton here. He will be going home tomorrow. Let me know how Noel is okay?"

I nodded. "Give him a kiss for me."

"Will do." She smiled and kissed my cheek and left.

I sighed again, rubbing my eyes, then looking at the clock on the wall. It's been over 4 hours.

I leaned back into the chair and picked up a magazine,when a doctor came out and came up to me.

"Mr. Downey?"

"Yes? Is she okay?!"

"I am happy to inform you that she is doing great. The baby is healthy as well." He smiled.

That made me the happiest man in the world. To find out the love of my life and our baby are healthy.

"She had a very severe cut in her leg, so she lost alot of blood. She is going to be on crutches for a bit, and is going to have to heal up. But other than that, she is great. She is up in her room right now having a rest, why don't you go see her?"

"I thought you would never ask." I said smiling.

I went to the hospital gift shop and got her a huge bouquet of roses. I also got Exton a stuffed bear his size, which I decided to bring up to him before going to see Noel.

"Dada!" He said and his face lit up.

I smiled and held the bear behind my back.

"Hi my boy! Daddy got you something." I said, pulling the bear I front of me. His face lit up again, and I could see Susan smiling in the corner of my eye.

"Here you go buddy, my solider." I said, holding up the bear pretending it was a puppet and making it give him kisses while I made kissing noises, then putting the bear in his lap.

He had a huge smile on his face, and he gave it the biggest hug with his good arm.

"I love you dada."

I kissed him. "I love you too."

I stayed for a bit to let him fall asleep, and talked to Susan for a bit.

"I am going to propose to her on Christmas."

Her face lit up. "It's about time you guys! I'm sure she is going to love it. I am really happy for you Rob. You got a baby on the way and your getting married. You are on a roll there." She said and we both laughed.

"I guess I am." I said smiling, thinking about how happy I am now that everything is okay.

"I better have my take in some of the planning, and the baby shower." She laughed.

"Oh don't worry, Noel will definitely be calling you."

"Thanks for being here for Exton. You are a great dad, and I'm sure you will be the same with the one on the way. Speaking of the one on the way, You should go check on Noel now, I got Exton here and I'll call you when we get home tomorrow. Tell Noel I said I love her. And give her and the baby a smooch."

"Thanks Sus. I will." I smiled and kissed Exton on my way out, he didn't wake up for anything. I laughed to myself. He is a heavy sleeper, just like his Dad.

I walked into Noel's room, and she was fast asleep. Her hands on top of her tummy, and her left leg in a cast. She had bruises on her arms, and a few cuts on her cheek. But she was still beautiful. And I am thankful that she and Exton, and the baby, are okay. Maybe all this was just a wake up call for me, telling me that I should be more thankful and loving of the beautiful people in my life.

I put the flowers next to her and lightly ran my thumb over her arm, caressing her soft skin.

She moaned a bit before blinking her eyes open and squinting from the brightness of the light.

She gasped because she was scared, and I shushed her quietly.

"Shh, baby you're okay." I said, rubbing her arm, calming her down.

"Where am I? What happened? Where is Exton?!" She asked confused.

"You're in the hospital, you got into a car accident. Exton is alright, he just broke his arm, but he is fine."

She sighed. "What happened to me?"

"You got a deep cut in your leg, and you lost a lot of blood. But you are okay now baby, you are perfect."

She smiled at me weakly and she sat up, then she winched in pain.

"Babe, don't move so fast, you're very fragile right now."

She sighed. "But I wanted to kiss you."

"Don't worry, I can fix that." I said, bending down and pressing my lips against hers.

She smiled into it and pulled away.

"Just what I needed to make me feel better." She said and I smirked.

She looked next to her and saw the roses and had a big smile.

"Aw, Robbie. They are beautiful. Thank you."

"You're welcome my love."

The rest of the night I stayed with her, talking and laughing, and having a good time despite being in the hospital. The doctor said she only has to stay two more days before going home, which is great, which it is just in time to be home for Christmas, so I could finally do what I have always been wanting to do. Make her my wife.

10 comments or more for the next chapter!