The Top Of The Ferris Wheel

"I know, we can go out to lunch, and maybe after, to the pier." he suggested with a smile. I smiled back. "That sounds great." We got our stuff and Exton's diaper bag, and got in one of the big SUV's he had. This is the time to tell him how I feel. I thought. Even though I didn't act like it, my feelings for him were slowly killing me. I couldn't go a minute without thinking about him. And seeing him with Susan made it even worse. I love Susan to death, but I always wanted Robert for myself. But I know that would never happen. God,I am so selfish. Okay, I won't tell him. Dammit Noel, make up your mind. I thought to myself.

The car ride to the restaurant was silent but not a awkward one. Robert played some oldies on the radio. Exton had fallen asleep in the back seat, and I was just staring out the window at the beauty of California. It was about a half an hour ride to the Santa Monica Pier, I just thought about Robert and I being together the whole way. What would it be like if we had got married, had kids had se...

"So are you gonna get out?" He asked. "Huh?" I turned to look at him with a silly grin on his face then came back into reality. We were already here and parked. Wow time flies when you're daydreaming.

"Oh we are here." I said "Oh we are here." he said in a high pitch mimicking my voice.

"Hey, I don't sound like that!"

"Hey I don't sound like that!" He mimicked me again and started giggling.

I rolled my eyes.

"Um Rob, there is alot of people here, they are gonna mob you." I told him. 

"Ah don't worry your pretty little head my dear, I'm clean shaven and I have this ridiculous visor and sunglasses, people will think I am a tourist." "I am gonna carry some brochures with me for added character." he told me with a childish grin. 

"You're are so weird." I said to him laughing. In my head I kept replaying when he called me "my dear." Damn you and your charm.

I got out of the car and grabbed Exton. Luckily, he was awake and not fussy. When we were walking to the restaurant "Bubba Gump Shrimp Co" people didn't seem to notice that Tony Stark, I mean Robert, was there. He just looked like a regular ol guy. 

We went to lunch and we talked about his next movies and such. Then he asked me. "Can we go on the ferris wheel?" 

I was afraid of heights and he knew this.

 "I don't know Rob.." 

Then he looked at me with the most beautiful puppy dog eyes that I couldn't resist. I sighed.

 "Okay, fine!"

 '"Yes! See Exton, always use your puppy dog face, it always works." 

Exton smiled and blew raspberries. 

"You brat!" I told Robert. He wiggled his eyebrows and bit his lip and winked. Uh my ovaries. 

When we finished lunch, we went to the big ferris wheel. We got on and we were at the top. It was so beautiful, the ocean was gorgeous, it was so romantic. A bit scary at first but I started to feel better after a couple minutes. I had Exton in my lap, and he was to busy pointing at the birds flying by. "Oh my gosh it's so pretty up here, but freezing." I told him. "Oh don't worry, I can fix that." Robert replied while scooting closer to me and slowly bringing me into his chest to cuddle with him. "Better?" he asked me while looking down at me. I looked up at him and stared into those beautiful brown eyes of his. "Better." I replied with a whisper. Our lips were almost touching. He was about to lean in and kiss me, but before he could, the ferris wheel jerked and scared Exton and he was wailing. We both quickly pulled away and Robert to Exton from my lap and started to calm him down. 

Oh my god. I almost kissed a happily married man. With kids!, my fathers best friend, a famous actor. What the f*ck is going on?! He can't possibly have feelings for me.. Can he?