Thanksgiving

*1 Day later, Thanksgiving day*

I woke up in Robert's warm embrace. It was freezing but he kept me warm the whole night. He had his hand on my tummy the whole night as well, which I thought was adorable. God I love him so much.

He shifted a bit and yawned, pulling me closer to him.

"Good morning, my love. Happy Thanksgiving." He said, pushing my hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I said back with a smile and pecked his cheek.

"You wanna know what I'm thankful for?" He asked with a cheeky grin.

"What are you thankful for babe?" I asked.

"Well, I'm thankful for my beautiful girlfriend, Exton, and my one on the way."

He said, putting his hand on my stomach, rubbing it and then laying his head on top of it.

I felt a small pain in my stomach, and Robert flinched. The baby was kicking.

"What was that?" He asked confused.

"Oh my gosh Rob, it's kicking." I said and he sat up.

"Feel." I said and grabbed his hand putting it on the spot where the baby was kicking.

He sat there for a moment and the baby kicked again. Robert looked up at me with a big smile.

"It knows it's daddy." I said a tear coming down from my cheek. It was all surreal for me.

"I love you babe." He said, kissing my lips.

I pulled away. "I love you too."

We got up and got ready. I put on a comfy red skater dress and some flats, Robert put on a dress shirt and a red tie, with black jeans and his Nikes of course.

We went downstairs and Elsie was already cooking.

"Good morning guys." She said while mixing what looked like pie mix.

"Good morning, Happy Thanksgiving." We both said in unison.

We both went up to her and gave her a hug, she gave us a peck on the cheek in return.

"Why don't you two go watch the parade, it's on right now." She said.

Even though the parade was literally going on about a half and hour away, we watched it on t.v, cuddling together with Reggie in our laps. He was as big as the couch.

I heard the doorbell ring and Robert got up.

"I'll get it." He said walking towards the door.

I heard him say "Hey." And then the sound of patting like he gave the person a hug. I heard chattering and they both walked in. Reggie barked and ran up to the man. The man bent down and hugged Reggie in return.

"Hey buddy, I missed you." He said to Reggie as he barked.

I got up and shook myself off. Robert walked next to me and grabbed my
hand.

"Dad, this is Noel. Noel, this is dad." He said and smiled.

Mr. Downey looked quite strict at first, which made my stomach uneasy, but he then had a huge grin on his face.

"Hello Noel, it's nice to meet you sweetheart." He said with his arms open. I walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Bobbie has told me a lot about you. You're even more beautiful in person. My grand baby is going to be beautiful just like its momma." He said, kissing my hand.

"Thank you Mr. Downey." I said, sort of blushing.

"Oh now honey, call me dad. You are gonna be one of us now."

I heard Robert clear his throat and give his dad a look.

Mr. Downey made a "oops" face.

"You really know how to pick them son." He said walking away, patting him on the shoulder.

"Now I'm going to go help Elsie with dinner, feel free to relax and do whatever." Mr. Downey said with a smile and walked into the kitchen.

"What was that all about?" I asked as soon as Mr. Downey was in the other room.

Robert cleared his throat again. "What- what do you mean?" He asked.

"You gave your dad like a "shut up" look. When he said I was going to be one of you now." I said, using my fingers as quotations.

"Oh, it's nothing." He said and looked back to the t.v, petting Reggie.

What are you up to Robert. I thought while looking at him trying to figure out what he was planning.

I helped Roberts parents with dinner, and then we got a surprise visit from Susan and Exton. Susan was in town for a movie she was producing, and she wanted Exton to spend time with his Daddy and grandparents. Susan only stayed for a little bit because she was having dinner with her parents, so she left Exton with us.

Mr. Downey and Elsie adored Exton, showering him with love and kisses. They loved being grandparents. I cannot wait until our baby gets here. It is going to have a amazing, loving family.

We spent the whole night, eating, talking and laughing. It was a blast. The Downey's were way better than I ever thought and they were loving and caring. Elsie was talking about how excited she was for the baby, and even started planning on the baby shower, like Rob said.This was honestly the best Thanksgiving I've had in a long times I love Robbie's family, and I can't wait till the day he makes me one of them.
---------------------------------------------
Oooh, what do you think Robbie is planning? Thanks for reading and please comment and vote to keep my fish afloat. 9 or more comments for next chapter and please one per person if you can help it. I love you guys. Xoxo

Kik me: heyitsxtina & follow me on instagram @theloveofdowney