Our Little Warrior

3 weeks later.

Robert's P.O.V

She said she hates me. I was really hard on her, but she hates me? I cried myself to sleep every night for the past 3 weeks. I visited Adeline when Noel was asleep, because I knew she didn't want to see me. I am losing both of the most important people in my life.

I had to tell everyone that the wedding was postponed, I didn't say why, though. I got up from the couch and got ready to go to the hospital again, when I got a call.

Noel's P.O.V

I was sitting there like always, watching my daughter. This had become a daily routine. I was so depressed, I couldn't eat or sleep. I screwed everything up with him. I lost the best thing that ever happened to me. Why am I so f*cking stupid?!

I looked down for a moment, then I decided to go to sleep.

I was woken up by the doctor.

"Miss Reyes?" He asked.

"I have some great news. Adeline is doing fine. We did some tests on her, and her heart is healthy. Her brain is fully developed as well. She will be able to go home in a couple of days. You are welcome to hold her and feed her."

I smiled with joy. "My baby is going to be okay!?" I asked.

He nodded and I gave him a hug.

"Thank you so much doctor!"

I went to her and saw she had her eyes open. She was very alert. She had Robert's sparkling brown eyes. I held her for the first time in my arms. Her soft baby skin was warm against my chest. She had quite a bit of dark brown hair. I cuddled her in my arms for what seemed like forever, until Robert walked in.

He looked at me surprised, and when he saw Adeline, he smiled. I tried not make eye contact with him.

"The doctor called me." He said walking in, taking off his sunglasses and putting them on a table.

I nodded. "You want to hold her?" I mumbled.

"Yeah." He whispered with a slight smile.

I handed her to him, and she started crying. He shushed her and rocked her back and fourth slowly. "Shh Daddy's here, Daddy's here." He whispered to her, kissing her. She calmed down soon after and fell asleep in his arms. I smiled. He sat next in the chair next to me. "She's perfect." He said.

I nodded. "She is."

"My little warrior." He said, Eskimo kissing her lightly.

He looked at me, his eyes sparkling like my daughters.

"I miss you Noel."

I sighed and tears fell from my eyes.. "Robert, I'm so sorry. I was just so depressed that she wouldn't get better. I was a major bitch to you and I'm sorry. I don't hate you. I love you with all my f*cking heart."

"I'm sorry too, I was hard on you, I should have understood how you felt. Baby, I don't ever want to loose you again." He said, a tear falling from his eye and he quickly wiped it away.

"Promise me that I'll never loose you."

I smiled, a tear falling from my eye as well. "I promise."

He grabbed my hand and kissed it, putting it against his warm stubbly cheek and closing his eyes, cherishing the moment.

He smiled, then he reached in his shirt pocket.

"Well then, would you accept this ring back?" He asked with a adorable "I'm sorry" face.

"I will." I said and smiled and he put the ring back on my finger where it belonged. He got up and kissed me, still cradling Adeline in his arms.

"I love you, and I'm sorry." He said.

"I'm sorry too."

"I love you and mommy so much Adeline." He whispered to her and we both gave her a kiss.

"Our little warrior." We both whispered in unison, staring down at her.

We have to postpone our wedding, but now we were both the proud parents of a beautiful healthy, full grown baby girl.

-----------------------------------------------

16 or more comments for next chap!

Thanks for reading! Xoxo

Kik:heyitsxtina Instagram:theloveofdowney