CHAPTER 45: "IT'S ONE PAST MIDNIGHT"

NAIRA AHMED - POINT OF VIEW:

I was looking into my eyes through the mirror while I at the same time was trying to breathe normally.

This shouldn't have happened. He shouldn't have seen me in that state. I have screwed up everything. It wasn't supposed to happen and I don't understand why it happened.

I thought that I got rid of it but no it just had to happen again. Now how am I going to face him, Waheed Singh.

I am sure he is going to bombard me with a lot of questions which he want answers to but I am not going to answer any of them.

I have already messed up many things and I can't mess up any more things. It's enough I have to find a way or get done with my job as soon as possible to come away from here before I mess up everything more than it already is messed because of me.

I shall never had agreed on this just because of my emotional girl inside of me.

I turned on the cold water and splashed it on my face trying to ease down the uneasiness.

I splashed the cold water on my face some more times because it was helping me feeling better.

I then looked up in the mirror again and a tear rolled down my eyes and I turned my body so the mirror was facing my back.

It was enough. I can't take it anymore.

I slided down the cupboard while tears rolled down my eyes.

I don't understand why I get these nightmares. I see things but everything is so not clear. I don't understand anything as all the things and faces are unclear.

I inhaled a deep breath and then wiped away my tear and stood up and dried my face with a towel.

You have to stay strong Naira. You can't be or get weak when you have reached here and the highpoint is on and soon can get what you want.

I turned towards the mirror after drying my face and looked at my face one last time before walking out of the bathroom.

I walked out and looked around and sighed in relief when I didn't found him in here.

I walked towards my phone and took it from the nightstand and turned on the screen and saw that the time was showing one past midnight.

Thank god that there isn't any work tomorrow as it's weekend. But I would rather do work while sitting in the office than be in here and facing that man.

Today I didn't got the opportunity to get the file as he locked his room, clever.

I am sure not sure but hundred percent sure that this green file Shanaya gave him is an important file which would help me because he wouldn't have locked his room if it wasn't that important.

And he normally doesn't lock his room so now I am sure that it's that file which I have to look for now and once the file will be in my hands I will be out of here and back with my family, my brother Ali and Ahsaan who I also consider as my brother since he always have been there for me and gave me the same love which I earned from Ali bhai.

But Ahsaan bhai he was more like a parent for me who would scold me when I did something wrong and Ali bhai the brother I would fight with and when we get into fight Ashsaan bhai would stand by my side and fight against Ali bhai.

A smile made it's way to my lips remembering all that moment I spent with them.

I miss all these things and I want to be there with them where I at least feel safe because here I don't feel safe.

But I know that my brothers have arranged for all my safety and whenever I will need them they will be here for me.

I was out of my thought when I heard a knock on the door.

I hurriedly wiped away the tear which fall out and then turned to look towards the door only to came face to face with Waheed Singh.

"Are you coming?" He asked me and I looked at him confusion and when he saw my confused expression he replied "The food have arrived" He told me.

"Are you serious it's one past midnight?" I asked him and he smiled and said "I am serious" while walking inside the room.

"Come" He said and turned around and started to walk out when I said "I don't want to eat I am not hungry" I told him and turned around and walked towards the window.

"I won't tell you to come one more time so you better do as I say" I heard his voice and I felt like he was ordering me and the stern voice of his made me scared and I hurriedly turned around to look at him to see his facial expression but when I turned around I met his back and seconds after he started to walk away.

I gulped down the lump in my throat and started to take small steps out of the door and into the kitchen.

I could smell the aroma of Pizza from the kitchen when I entered. I walked inside the kitchen and found him standing behind the counter taking out the Pizza box from the bag.

I silently walked towards the table in the corner of the kitchen and sat down and started to observe his movement.

I looked away and changed my position when I found him walking towards me and placed a plate in front of me and one over for me, properly his.

I looked at the food and the aroma of the pizza made me feel hungry and when he finally came back and placed some more stuff on the table he sat down and we began to eat in silence.

I wonder what may have happened since his mood changed from that concerned look to that hard and stern mood.

I never saw this hard side of his except for that day in the office when he got suspicious about who I was and who I was spying on him for.

Someone did spy on him before? And if someone did then why? And who?

Everything about this man is a mystery and I had to get to know anything because of him being so secretively.

I took one more bite of my pizza and then took my phone from the table and entered the password and started to use it while finishing the last moral of the pizza.

Soon I placed my phone back on the table after locking it and then stood up from the chair and took my plate and walked towards the sink where I washed the dish and when I was done I turned around to see if Waheed was done eating so I could wash his plate and then go to sleep but when I turned around I didn't found him there.

I looked around in the kitchen to see if he was here but he was nowhere in the kitchen so I walked towards the table and took the dishes to the sink and then packed the rest of the pizza and placed it in the refrigerator and then cleaned the table before washing the dishes.

Soon I was done and was feeling tired so, I took my phone from the table and walked out of the kitchen after shutting the light.

I will look for the file when he won't be here.

I walked into 'my room' and changed my cloth again into some comfortable shorts and an oversized rose shirt.

I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes and don't know when the sleep took over me.

Vote 👍

Comment 💬

Share 👥