CHAPTER 68: "HOW CAN I HELP YOU?"

WAHEED SINGH - POINT OF VIEW:

Her painful screams is the only thing I can hear at the moment and her expression they make me want to slap myself repeatedly. How could I let her be there alone?

She was there all fine when I left her and then all that happened to her once I left. Why did I left her and why am I feeling so restless.

Why wasn't I by her side when she wasn't feeling well. Why? WHY?

I felt like screaming as I stopped the car in front of the third hospital in the city. I got out of the car with hopes of her being here. I walked towards the hospital and inside to the reception.

"Hello Sir, How can I help you?" She asked me.

"I want you to tell me if there was a girl who got admitted here today in the time interval from ten o'clock to two in the morning?" I asked her and she looked at me.

"She lost a lot of blood too" I told her and she looked at me with pity.

"I am sorry Sir but I can't give you any informations about the patients here. It's the hospital's rules and policy" She said looking down.

"She isn't any patient she is my-" What is she to me? She is your secretary, Waheed what else does you think she would be to you.

"Tell me or I will fire you" I told her and she looked at me with a confused look.

"Sorry Sir?" She said.

"I am the owner of this hospital" I told her and she looked at me in disbelief.

"Wh-" she was saying something when the manager came up and greeted me.

"Hello Sir, it's nice to see you here" he said and I nodded.

"What happened Sir?" He asked me and then at the girl.

"Tell me" I told her and she quickly nodded and typed in her computer. "Yes Sir there is a girl at the age between 19-24 who was admitted in the hospital at eleven thirty. She is in the ICU right now, she lost a lot of blood and got operated and there is chances for her to get into coma.

"On which floor?" I asked.

"I ASKED ON WHICH FLOOR?" I shouted and immediately got a reply "Eighteen" she said and I left the reception and ran to the stairs and started my journey upto floor number eighteen, meanwhile my heart was racing and the hope in my heart was increasing with expectations to find her, however I at the same time was feeling terrified of her word 'coma'.

Running all those stairs I finally reached the eighteenth floor and stopped there to get my breathe to normal.

Thud ... Thud ... Thud ... Thud. ... Thud ...- My heart was accelerating and for every breathe I took while looking at the two doors in the end of the corridor made my heartbeat race as fast as possible.

"Please be fine Aliya" I whispered before taking steps towards the corridor and stopped in front of the ICU doors. I could tell my heart was racing with someone.

I took a step towards the doorknob and pushed the door open.

I walked to her and called her out "Aliya", I said but she didn't say anything. I stood there looking at her but she didn't respond.

The only thing, I could see was her body moving when she was breathing.

"Aliya", I said again and then sat down on the bed next to her.

My eyes roamed on her arm which lead me to her wrist. I looked at her bandaged wrist and then touched it.

When my hand came in contact with her wrist skin she moved her hand a bit.

"Aliya", I called her name out again. She moved her body to the other side and winched.

Is she hurt?.

"Aliya", I said this time with anger as she didn't respond me!

She turned and opened her eyes and then looked at me. She tried to get up but was going to fell back on the bed when, I put my arm around her waist.

When she was in my grip, I put my hand on her forehead and she was burning like hell.

What the hell?

"Aliya you have high fever", I told her but it seemed like she hadn't heard me as she weakly tried to let go of my arm around her waist.

"Stop it", I said to her with an angry voice as, I didn't know that she had such high fever.

I laid her down on the bed and called the room service to get her some medicine.

I took off my coat and slips and laid it on the couch and then the shoes beside the couch.

When, I was done, I took a bowl of water and a piece of cloth and then dipped the cloth in the water and then put it on her forehead.

She resisted weakly but then let me do it. I looked at her face who had closed eyes and was looking very weak.

This is all my fault, I will never forgive myself for making her go through this because of my stupidity.

I heard a knock on the door and, I stood up from the bed and then walked towards the door and then opened it.

The room service stood there and was holding the medicines. I thanked him and then took medicines from him and then went back to her.

"Aliya you have to take this medicines to get better", I said and she shook her head immediately hearing the name of the medicines.

"N ... No, I won't" she resisted and, I smiled Stubbornness of this girl.

"Yes you are", I said and sat beside her again on the bed.

She turned around and, I chuckled. I took the medicine and the glass of water and then called her out "Aliya".

"No" she said with her weak voice.

"Yes", I said to her and she replied "I am feeling much better, I don't think, I need that now" she said.

"I won't eat it at any cost" she said and pulled the comforter over her head.

"Hmm if you can't eat it at any cost then, I can make you it eat it at any cost", I threatened her but she said "I hate you and you won't because you can't" she said.

I think this stubborn girl needs a lesson to know how to obey me and tell me things. And that's when, I won't feel guilty.

"If you don't eat the medicine then, I will use my way and you won't like it", I said but she didn't bother.

I laid the glass of water and the medicines and the table and looked at her again.

"Aliya this was your choice", I said and took a hold of the comforter she had covered her head with. I pulled the comforter off her and then put my hand on her forehead.

It was much better than before but she needed the medicine so, I could be satisfied.

I don't know what it is but whenever, I see her, I just feel like to be with her as much as, I can.

Yesterday when, I went into the balcony and found her sitting on the bench of the park and walked to the bridge and when, I called.

"Can I help you with anything Sir?" I heard a deep voice talking to me and I came out of my trance as my eyes fell on the girl laying on the bed, who wasn't the one I was expecting it to be. I felt something run down my eyes and as i touched my cheeks I felt the tears.

What's happening to me?

Vote 👍

Comment 💬

Share 👥