CHAPTER 98: "BEING IN YOUR SHADOWS"

ALI - POINT OF VIEW:

Something is terribly wrong but I don't understand what. She was behaving fine until Mr. Nawaz came which means that he has done something. Maybe she is scared of Mr. Nawaz? Or else she wouldn't have asked such a question.

As much as I have got to know Aliha she is never the person to be scared yet she asked me about what to do. First I thought that it was just me however my suspicion turned out to be true when she didn't answer to Mr. Nawaz greeting. Heck she didn't even look at him for once. When she turned around from the stairs I could see something different in those eyes. There was something she was trying to say but I couldn't read or understand it. It was something I never saw before.

To make sure she is happy here I need to do something!

"Ali" Mr. Nawaz called out as soon as Aliha was out of sight.

I looked towards him who was standing in front of me now "Yes?" I asked him and he sighed before walking towards me.

"Can I have a word with you?" He asked and I smiled "Why not?" I answered looking at Izyaan who was getting furious.

"Come with me" Mr. Nawaz said and I nodded before walking with him towards the garden. When we reached outside he sat on one of the chairs that was placed at the table. "Please be comfortable" He said and I nodded "Don't worry I always make myself comfortable" I answered as Izyaan reached us and took a seat beside his dad so we were sitting in a triangle.

Nawaz uncle I know you very well and the fact that you are inviting me to sit here and have a talk with you it's suspicious. I am hundred percent sure that you are going to ask me to help you so the shipment of yours Ahsaan has blocked get's freed because you have an assignment which you have to deliver in time.

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked directly getting to the point while leaning back in the chair and crossing my legs.

"Well at first I would like to thank you for saving my daughter and then bringing her back to us" He started.

"I don't do promises, If I don't want to keep them." I made it clear to them that I didn't promise anyone if I knew that I didn't want to. If I choose to make a promise to someone then I do and keep it or else not.

"Yes, I know that one, still thank you" He sweet talked and I let him by nodding as I knew that he wouldn't stop until he thought that I was fed up but little does he not know that I am Ali not Izyaan for that instance.

"I think I should take your leave if you are done thanking me" I said looking at my wristwatch "I don't have much time to waste for this formality you're pretending to care for." I added while standing up to leave. However he stopped me by calling my name. "ALI. WAIT?"

I turned around and raised my eyebrow "Yes?" I asked knowing that he was fighting with his pride right now. The thing about asking favors isn't his best side.

"I need to talk to you about something else" He said and I grinned innerly while showing them a smirk "Now you are coming to the real point, aren't you?" I asked and he stood up from his chair with Izyaan behind him.

I must say it's surprising to see how he isn't interfering today!

I looked at my wristwatch and stressed them out by saying "You have five minutes. Not one second over or less, just five minutes and then I will be gone."I smiled "And your times starts now" I informed them.

As I said those words I could see Mr. Nawaz tense as if he was regretting something.

"The thing is that .... that our shipment from New York city to Florida has been stopped for a whole week now and I have tried everything in my power to find out who is behind it but I found nothing. I have tried everything and tried everyone but no one could handle it. I wouldn't be asking your help if the order shouldn't be delivered in about two days in the south Florida which is impossible unless you could give it a try." He said looking at me with hope in his eyes.