CHAPTER 57: "MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE"

ALISHA KHAN - POINT OF VIEW:

My heart was throbbing as fast as it never did before. I was feeling like I was going to die. I wanted peach but I couldn't his voice was running inside my mind "For your parents sake." He whispered.

I can't bear it anymore his voice, his words I can't take them anymore. I don't want to kill I can't take a life. I want peace.

"For your parents sake" his words were running inside my mind not wanting to come to an end. I want it to shut. I want it to keep quiet for ever. I want this to be over.

When his words echoed in my mind once again I felt sick and took a tight hold on the gun. This was it. It was the only way to end everything.

I am going to kill myself. I raised my gun and was moving it towards my head when I saw the man pointing the gun towards Ahsaan. He was pulling the trigger but before something happened I pull my trigger after pointing at the man.

The loud voice of the shot made me tremble. I saw the man falling down on the ground with a thud. Everything around me stopped the only thing I could hear was the voice of the shot echoing in my head.

I opened my eyes as my heart was beating rapidly. The pain in my back was aching I felt like it was the end but no. I tried to move but couldn't. I was screaming from the top of my lungs begging it to stop but it wasn't. The image of the death man in front of me made the cry. I wanted the image out of my mind but it didn't want to. I screamed and screamed while holding my palms on the side of my head. I closed my eyes tightly shut as the pain in my body was unbearable.

"Please stop" I screamed.

"Make it stop" I screamed again and soon I heard a voice calling my name.

"Alisha" the voice called me but I couldn't I didn't dare to open my eyes and face anyone.

I am a murderer.

"Make it stop, please" I cried trying to bear the pain.

"Alisha" I heard his voice again but this time I felt strong arms around me which made me panic even more.

"Leave me" I screamed

"Don't touch me, let go of me" I cried while the arms was holding me against his chest.

"Shhh, relax" I heard him whisper while holding me on place but I tried to move away.

"Alisha open your eyes" I heard another voice.

"Ple... please let g... go of me" I cried into the chest and loosened my body not having the capability to bear the pain anymore.

"Alisha" the voice spoke again while the strong arms were helping me sitting up.

"Relax and calm your breath" his voice spoke beside my ear and I did as said.

I tried to inhale some air and then let it out. When I felt that I was coming back to sense I slowly opened my eyes, carefully.

I opened my eyes fully and took in my surroundings. I looked ahead to find a tensed Aariz looking at me with concern.

I moved my gaze from him to the figure next to me to find Ahsaan there. I was now in a half sitting position as I was leaning against the bed board.

I moved away from Ahsaan remembering what he made me do and tears slowly began to slip down my eyes.

"Why?" I asked looking away from him and going to pull my knees up to my stomach when I felt my ankle hurting.

"Arrh" I let out a small wince when I heard Aariz say "Don't. You got a spraint in your ankle. You have to avoid using it for two-three days" he said before I realized that Ahsaan stood up and was now standing beside Aariz.

"You have to rest now we will come back later" I heard Ahsaan say before walking out from there and Aariz was on the heels of him.

When Ahsaan went out Aariz turned around and looked at me one last time before saying "Take care" and then walked out.

I saw the brown door closing behind him and I closed my eyes. Sitting there for some time I then looked up and wiped my tears away.

I slowly pulled away the comforter from me and got off the bed. I used this time to observe the room I was in.

The room was a blending of both dark brown and goldish color. There was a red circle formed carpet on the floor. It was a big one. There was a big beautiful lamp on the roof almost over the bed. I moved my head to the side and saw two other doors. I limped towards it to find out that one of them was a bathroom while the other one was a walk in wardrobe. There were two big windows at the side of the room which were covered with browns curtains. I walked towards the window side where there was a couch right beside the window.

 I walked towards the window side where there was a couch right beside the window

I sat down on it right beside the window and looked out of the window.

I raised my hands and looked at them. I felt warm tears running down my eyes as the incident flashed inside my head.

I carefully pulled my knees up to my stomach not wanting to increase the pain.

I hugged my knees tightly and cried silently remembering that nothing was like it was before.

I wasn't the daughter of my parents but a girl who killed someone. I killed someone because of my selfishness. I took a life because I wanted peach. But I couldn't let him shoot Ahsaan he pointed the gun towards him. I had to do it but it was wrong. God what did I do to gain all this pain and betrayal. What was my fault for all this to happen, for me to be a murder.

Tears strolled down my eyes and I don't know when my eyes become heavy and at last I doze off to sleep.

Vote 👍

Comment 💬

Share 👥