CHAPTER 54: "IT'S NOT LIKE WE ARE MAKING OUT"

ALISHA KHAN - POINT OF VIEW:

I ran towards the tree Ahsaan told me to run towards while they were handling the situation in front of us. I reached a tree and leaned in towards it with my back while sitting down as my whole body was exhausted as I was wearing heels and my back was aching in pain as the broken piece of the car window still was inside my back.

I was now sitting down on the ground and closed my eyes leaning against the tree.

Why is this happening? And what does these people want? What have I done that it's my life which is a part of all those things.

I was out of my thoughts when I realized that I had that gun in my hand which Ahsaan handed me before I ran over here.

I am never going to kill anyone Mr. Ahsaan. I can risk my own life but I am never going to take a life and that's never going to happen.

I looked at the gun in my hand. I raised it up with my shaky hands and looked at it while a tear run down my eyes in fear of what if this weapon would kill me today making my last hope of meeting my parents shatter into pieces.

I wiped my tear when I heard footsteps running towards me. I slowly stood up while biting my inner cheeks not to scream in pain as the pain was running out of my control of bearing it.

When I was standing on my both feets I used my one arm to balance my body not to fall while my other hand was holding the gun tightly.

I could still hear the gunshots but I couldn't see Mr. Ahsaan or Aariz anywhere around. I started to move backwards as I felt like something was wrong.

I slowly took steps backwards while having a tight grip on the gun when I heard a pair of footsteps walking towards me but I couldn't see from where.

I wanted to shout out for Mr. Ahsaan or Aariz because I had a feeling like it was none of them but if I shout and it turn out to be the attackers then I would be in a big trouble.

I decided to run away from there and try to save myself by hiding on a safe place. So I started to run from there to I don't know but for every step I was limp-running I felt the steps coming nearer while being louder.

I ran and ran until I heard a voice calling me out "Alisha" I heard Mr. Ahsaans voice behind me and I stopped in my tracks and turned around while my breath were heavy and I tried to calm down but it never happened.

I raised my hand up to sign him to come towards me as he was standing there looking at me.

Perspiration was running down my head and the air was getting cold. I took slow steps towards him in the hope of him helping me. I felt my knees getting weak as they were hurting because of me wearing heels.

I looked at him and saw him running towards me when I was going to fall down on the ground but he caught me and I was pulled up in his arms.

"Alisha are you okay?" I heard him asking me but I couldn't answer so I just nodded. He was making me stand while I threw all my weight on him. "I - I am fine" I whispered while trying to make my breath calm down as my breathe was getting uneven.

I tried to balance myself by taking a hold around his shoulder. But I was soon roughly moved away from that position and almost thrown towards a tree as my back hit the tree. My mouth was kept close so I couldn't scream in pain by Ahsaan.

He was holding my mouth which made it hard for me to breath so I raised my hand to pull it away when he hushed me by saying "Shh I can hear someone don't make a sound" He whispered to me and I nodded slowly.

Soon I was able to hear footsteps too. I tightened my grip around Mr. Ahsaan as I was getting scared but that was not the only reason because my whole body was hurting too.

I closed my eyes tightly while moving my head down to his shoulder so he won't see my expression of how much pain I am trying to bear.

I felt him moving in towards the tree while putting his arm around my waist and pulling me in towards him.

My breath stopped when he moved his head down to the side of my head so his warm breath was fanning on my ear. Soon I heard him whispering "Look up behind me without any movement and tell me how many is there behind us?" He asked me and I froze in my place by the thought of someone being behind us especially the attackers.

I didn't realize that I was shaking until he tightened his grip around me while whispering "Don't be afraid I am with you now tell me how many is there?" He told me and then asked me. I nodded and slowly looked up behind me. I moved my eyelids to left from right and from right to left but couldn't see anyone and when I was going to say that there wasn't anyone then I saw a movement beside the end of the tree on the other side.

"Th - there is one" I whispered back to him and he nodded after saying "Good."

"Listen to me carefully now, okay?" He asked me and I just stood there afraid of what he was going to say now.

"Alisha" He whispered to me and I hummed in a whisper not able to say anything as my eyes were focused on the dark shadow in front of me but with long distance.

"Alisha is you listening?" He asked me and then shook me a bit and I came back to sense and shook my head.

"Please do something" I requested him in a whisper while my hands began to shiver extremely.

I felt like the gun I was holding will fall out of my grip but that never happened as I felt Mr. Ahsaans hand on mine while he was securing that the gun won't fall out of my grip.

"Don't think about throwing that gun because this is the only way out from here if you want to live." He told me and I felt tears running down my eyes at the thought of him going to kill someone.

"Alisha we can't wait for Aariz to come it will be too late for that" He told me while pulling me even closer than we were.

"Now I will instruct you about what you have to do and you will do it exactly that way, okay?" He asked me in a whisper and I nodded.

"Good now take a deep breathe and exhale it" He told me and I did as he told me. When I was done he said "Good now place your arms around my neck" He whispered in my ear and I gulped down the lump in my throat at what he just said.

"No" I whispered to him and he sighed before saying "If you want to live then do as I am saying besides that, it's not like we are making out" He said in a whisper but it was still a stern tone, however it made me flush even in this situation.

I nodded and slowly raised my one arm and put it around his neck. Right when my arm came in contact with his skin I felt a sensation of 'something bad to happen' run down my spine.

I was going to raise the arm with the gun when he took a hold of it and shook it head and then whispered "Not yet tell me what the attacker is doing?" He asked me and I looked up at the dark shadow only to get scared to see that he now was pointing a weapon towards us.

I felt myself shaking again and he said "Alisha tell me" He said and I stammered "G-gun po - pointed a- at us" I whispered in a stammer and he said "Don't worry now you just have to do exactly as I say" he said and I asked him.

"Am I going to die?" I asked him in a whisper and felt him saying "No I won't let you die" he said and let go of the grip he had on my arm with the gun.

"Now just raise your arm, point and then shoot the gun" He said and I froze for a moment and then whispered in a stern tone "NO".

Vote 👍

Comment 💬

Share 👥